KSRP22FSBL00 Kitchenaid Icemaker stopped working.

jackreacher

Premium Member
Model
KSRP22FSBL00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,

My Kitchenaid icemaker suddenly stopped working. I read some of these forums, and checked the sensor based on Jake's instructions, and it is a solid red light (attached picture). I also took a picture of the blades, which seem flat horizontal.. The water dispenser works slow, but it has always been like that, and it still used to make ice just fine. I am not sure if the water source for these functions is the same, and whether we can conclude from here that the issue is not with the water tube..

By the way when the icemaker is on, I hear some kind of noise, but no ice is being made.

Please let me know if you need any more information. This is my first post on this forum, I hope I was able to attach the pictures correctly :)

Thank you in advance for any tips.

Omer

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Omer,

Yes, I see the LED is steady ON, so your optics are fine.:)

Feel inside the ice maker tray and see if your feel ice cubes in all the ice cube slots.

Here's how to check it: Tape the emitter back so it doesn't block the beam. Remove the cover over the ice maker module and locate holes "T" and "H". Use a small piece of insulated wire bent in shape of a "U" and short T and H together. The ice maker should start a harvest cycle. As soon as the ice maker starts the harvest cycle, remove the wire. You may need to hold the door switch closed until the harvest cycle starts then close the door.
Force Cycle IM Test.jpg

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Ice Maker Assembly WPW10190961

Let us know what you find.

Jake

jackreacher

Premium Member
Thank you for your reply, Jake. I put my fingers inside there and there are no ice in the icecube slots. As for the other suggestion, do you have any video of how to reach that part?

I have some guests coming over tonight, so I may need to do that part tomorrow. But let me ask you this: I have pulled the refrigerator out, to see if the problem was a twisted water supply hose or something. Given that the water dispenser is working (not fast, but like it has always been when the icemakers used to work) can I assume that the problem is not at the back, and push the refrigerator back in its place? :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I don't think the problem is in the back unless the ice maker solenoid side of your water inlet valve is shot.

To remove the front plastic cover over the ice maker module you have to remove the ice maker itself first.

Watch this video below, but don't remove the bottom tray of the ice maker, just watch how it unmounts from where it sits so you can remove the front plastic cover from the ice maker module, it just unsnaps off:

[video=youtube_share;aKolPRgXIgk]https://youtu.be/aKolPRgXIgk[/video]

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
WAIT, I just remembered something, before you remove the ice maker, you can manually fill the ice maker tray with a cup of water, and wait about 2 hours to see if it dumps the cubes, if so, then your ice maker is fine and that just leaves the water inlet valve as the culprit or the black rubber fill tube may be clogged with ice.

Jake

jackreacher

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
I filled the tray with water last night and when I checked this morning it froze (of course:) but the icemaker did not dump the cubes. When I get a chance I will try and do the other thing you suggested, and update here.
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Omer,

If the water was frozen inside the ice tray and did not dump, then that indicates the ice maker itself is the problem, seen this many times on my service calls.:)

Jake