• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSRP25FNSS00 Kitchen Aid Superba Ice maker not working

Indy245

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRP25FNSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
My ice maker quite on my Kitchen Aid KSRP25FNSS00.

I have power on the black wire of the harness 109V. I cannot get voltage at L/N points. I checked continuity on the black wire thermal fuze and it reads .09 ohms. I checked voltage on the plug after the thermal fuse and it reads ~97 volts. I checked the solonied for the water fill and it works and supplies water to the water dispenser. The freezer temperature is good.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Take a look here: Low voltage to icemaker

A SIMPLE TEST: Remove the receiver PCB and remove its 8 pin connector. Jumper pins 3 and 4(number one is at the bottom). A paperclip works well but remember this is HOT!! Turn off power (unplug) first or make sure the paper clip is taped where you touch it. This connects the 115VAC input directly to the motor control. This bypasses the optics circuit completely and if all else is working properly it will produce ice as fast as it will freeze. If it makes ice with the jumper, but not with the PCB installed then the problem probably lies in the circuit boards. If it does not work with the jumper the problem probably lies in the ice maker itself.

Try that test and report back.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
2198597 Complete icemaker assembly

Here are the circuit(optics) boards for your model, they come together in 1 kit with instructions(Video Included):
W10757851 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The receiver board has 8 pins.

Read bypass the optics:
IDI 02 (1).jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then either the compressor went out or the compressor start relay went out, or the condenser motor went out.

If you pull the refrigerator out from the wall and then remove the lower back access panel you can see if the condenser fan motor is running, it mounts next to the compressor.

Jake

Indy245

Premium Member
Decided to go with a new five door Kitchenaid. Thanks for the help troubleshooting. I did pull the back off and the fan is not spinning.

My other fridge ice maker just quit now as well, not sure if we had a power surge or what...I'll post another thread for the GE.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, glad to help!

Jake