KSRP25FNSS00 No ice, no power to harness

dave0059

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRP25FNSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Stopped making ice last week. I replaced the optic boards and the water inlet valve - did not fix issue.

Jumpered H & T and Ice maker motor would not run, checked for power at L & N and do NOT have 110VAC. Pulled Ice maker and immediately checked black wire(while still cold), read .2ohms.

Pulled apart the "I/M module" & found a burnt connection at one of the heater coils contact points, both motor reading and heater doesn't ohm nominal but I would think it would still work if it had power.

Checked between black and white wire at the plug coming out of the wall between fridge and freezer and have zero volts. Checked from hot to green & have zero volts. Closed door switch and checked again, still zero voltage.

Is there a fuse somewhere for this harness? is it just dead since I'm assuming that wiring loom is cast into the foam?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just the inline fuse on the black wire of the ice maker wire harness.

Lets double check the in-line fuse on the ice maker wire harness. If that fuse is blown you will never get power to the ice maker, thus no ice even from a new ice maker.

This is how:
Ohm the in-line thermal fuse, its located on the wiring harness to the ice maker. If that in-line thermal fuse is open, then you will never see any voltage to the ice maker.

It comes integrated with the ice maker wire harness, in case you need to order it:
WP2187467 Harness, Wiring

Its the black wire, ohm that black wire for continuity with a multimeter.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You also need to hold the flapper in on the left side inside the freezer, while also holding the door switch in at the same time, then check for volts at L and N on the ice maker module.

Jake

dave0059

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. I’d thought that I went through that but I went back to double check and figured out my meter doesn’t auto range!... rechecked everything and found no power at L & N. Pulled the motor module and checked right off the end of the little pigtail you linked, 110vac between black and white wires where the motor module plugs in.

That’s a relief. I really didn’t want to fish a wire like what I originally thought.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

dave0059

Premium Member
Update: wife got sick of me fussing with it and called a local appliance repair service. They replaced the ice maker on Monday (module you linked plus the whole ice mold/tray).

Worked for a full day and made ice with a few quirks.

Wife now says she hears clicking noises every so often(sounds like thermal trips or bi-metal springs). They say it’s normal when questioned.

It also has now twice made incomplete cycles where an ice cube has wedged itself between the rake and the forks and makes it bind up. Wrong cube size? I’m going to call tomorrow and talk to the guy. This hangs up the cycle and leaves it with water/ice cube mix in the tray. I’m know issues can happen but seems like we are having funny issues.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are all the ice cube slots full of ice? odd sizes of cubes indicates water pressure problems.

Do you have a self piercing valve for the water supply line? Once you pull the refrigerator out from the wall look to see where the water line connects to, most of the time in newer houses there is a normal refrigerator water line valve in the wall right behind the refrigerator.

First Pull your refrigerator out away from the wall, turn off your water supply line that goes to it, then take off your water supply line from where it hooks-up to your refrigerator, then get a bucket, cup, bowl, etc to catch the water, then put your water supply line in the bucket and turn it on, your water stream should be really good with good water pressure, if not then the problem is in your plumbing water supply line.

Let us know how the water pressure is.

Jake

dave0059

Premium Member
They’re all the same size. They’re roughly the same as before it went out.

I’m sure the water is fine. The house is only about 15 years old and the fridge has its own PEX 1/2” line.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It also has now twice made incomplete cycles where an ice cube has wedged itself between the rake and the forks and makes it bind up. Wrong cube size? I’m going to call tomorrow and talk to the guy. This hangs up the cycle and leaves it with water/ice cube mix in the tray. I’m know issues can happen but seems like we are having funny issues.
Put a thermometer in the freezer and see what it reads.

The ice maker has to be below 16 degrees at all times to work properly and not have a water/ice mix.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then you'll need to have the repair tech come back, that ice maker installed must be bad, it should be making plenty of ice.

Jake