• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSRP25FSSS01 KitchenAid fridge water dispenser not working, burning smell

jroybrauch

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRP25FSSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I was doing a long draw of water from my fridge after replacing the fridge's water filter when I started to be aware of a burning smell. It was the kind of smell that you experience when a motherboard in a laptop is fried. Then the water dispenser abruptly stopped working. When I push on the lever, I hear nothing and no water comes out. The light is still working in the dispenser and the filter light.

The ice maker is still working and I can dispense ice as well.

What can I do to fix the water dispenser?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Disconnect the two wire connector from the water valve solenoid for the dispenser (green coil) and insert your meter leads in the connector. Press the dispenser lever and the meter should indicate 120 VAC. If the voltage is correct, replace the water valve. If the voltage is 0V the dispenser board is bad. Unfortunately the dispenser board has been discontinued and no longer available.
whirlpool-water-inlet-valve-w10408179-ap5263471_01_l.jpg

jroybrauch

Premium Member
I don’t have a green coil that I can see. Also I can test the ones that you can see here but there is no power to the dispenser since I unplugged the fridge. Do I need to plug the fridge into the electric socket and then press the lever and check the leads with the multimeter?

Attachments

• 8D136407-C419-42BB-86C3-4EFD1554F9DF.jpeg
    8D136407-C419-42BB-86C3-4EFD1554F9DF.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 7

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Do I need to plug the fridge into the electric socket
Yes, that's the only way to test for voltage. The violet coil is the dispenser coil.