KSRS25IHSS02 Ice maker arm not rotating

shellant

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRS25IHSS
Brand
KitchenAid
KitchenAid KSRS25IHSS02
Hello , I have posted this same question on a couple of forums so I am sorry if I have offended any one for multiple posts but of I am now feeling like I have exhausted my options for what seems to be a simple problem I just can't get my teeth around. So hopefully some one can help

I have the Kitchenaid KSRS25IHSS02
- Ice tray filler tube froze and after I thawed it out ( switched freezer off for a day ) was able to blow through the back tube to confirm it was now clear.
- The ice is now being produced but the Arm in the ice tray is no longer rotating to push the produced ice cubes into the reservoir.
- I have two of the same refrigerators and switched the ice maker from the working refrigerator and the Arm on the second Icemaker also was not rotating where it was working in the other unit.
- I have checked the Ice Maker Control door sensors as per information sourced in this forum. Basically with the flap pushed in the red light is solid.
- I also used my Multi Meter to determine if there was power to the ice maker. The plug has 4 pins . with wires colored white ,Black, Brown and Green. testing between Black and white 107Volts. Testing between Green and Black 107 Volts. Testing between Brown and Black 107 Volts. This was the same voltage readings regardless of the sensor and flap position.
I have read similar scenarios where people have recommended a new water inlet valve but in those cases I saw no mention of the Ice tray arm not rotating.
I would sure appreciate any help you could provide or suggest I try.

Regards
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tony,

Take a look here: Low voltage to icemaker

A SIMPLE TEST: Remove the receiver PCB and remove its 8 pin connector. Jumper pins 3 and 4(number one is at the bottom). A paperclip works well but remember this is HOT!! Turn off power (unplug) first or make sure the paper clip is taped where you touch it. This connects the 115VAC input directly to the motor control. This bypasses the optics circuit completely and if all else is working properly it will produce ice as fast as it will freeze. If it makes ice with the jumper, but not with the PCB installed then the problem probably lies in the circuit boards. If it does not work with the jumper the problem probably lies in the ice maker itself.

Try that test and report back.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
2198597 Complete icemaker assembly

Here are the boards for your model, they come together in 1 kit with instructions(Video Included):
W10757851 Cntrl-Elec

Jake

shellant

Premium Member
Jake,
Thank you so much for looking and for your suggestion.
I will be able to do that test tomorrow and will get back to you with any results.
Cheers
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tony, sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

shellant

Premium Member
Hi Jake.
I got in tonight and tried jumping pins 3&4 on the Receiver PCB. No result. Nothing happened.
So I have no Water coming out to the ice tray and the ice tray motor does not turn.
I checked the ice tray tube for any obstruction, I disconnected the tube at the rear of the fridge and blew through it to confirm that there is no obstruction.
For what its worth the water is running through the door dispenser .
Any other tips would be appreciated
Cheers
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tony,

Did you hold the door switch in when you did that?

If so, and still a no go, then if it doesn't start, then test the in-line fuse for continuity, its rare to go bad, but a few members have had to replace it.

Here's the wire harness in-line fuse assembly for your model, in case you need to order it:
Manufacturer part number 2187630

If the black wire that has the in-line fuse ohm tests good for continuity with a multimeter, then that's fine, and the problem would be your ice maker.

Jake

shellant

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Once again thank you for replying to my post.
I did try with the door switch both in and out with no success in either position.
I also have two fridges the same and tried both ice makers in both and after reading your last post checked both inline fuses for continuity.
Both ice makers work in Fridge "A" but neither in Fridge"B". So I think it is fair to assume ( never assume) that it is not the ice maker.
I also checked the water inlet valve for continuity as per some instructions I found on the thread and all seemed to check out.
One thing I did notice, whether this is anything useful or related , is while I was checking the Water Inlet Valve I saw that the water filter has two lines and I couldn't tell which but there was a small leak.
Did I mention that the in-door water dispenser is working fine.
thank you for looking and of course any other ideas would be appreciated
Regards
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Tony, if you already replaced the ice maker from your other refrigerator and its still not working, then you possibly have a short in the wiring to the ice maker receptacle.

That will be very hard to track down, and if the short is inside the wall then your SOL.

Jake

shellant

Premium Member
Hi Jake
Thanks again for even bothering, I sure appreciate it.
I think I am just going to accept the fact the the Ice maker isn't going to work on this fridge.
Fortunately I have two Fridges and at least one of them is working.
Thank you for all your suggestions
Cheers
Tony

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, Glad to help Tony.

Jake