• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KSRS25IKBL03 - Ice wont dispense. Ice bucket must be pushed down to dispense.

Cayaco

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRS25IKBL03
Brand
KitchenAid
So it all started when I took the ice maker out a day or two ago because I needed to clean everything on the inside due to an exploding can of soda. Put it all back in as I have many times when removing the ice bucket and now the spinning motor no longer is able to push the ice out. Ice maker works, water dispenser works, and the buttons all work, but the bucket does not seem to be latching on correctly.

When I open the door and hold it down with my hands, applying pressure to the top of the bucket, the motor is able to spin and push the ice out. When I let go it does this:

Link to video with sound
You need to push the unmute button to hear it, to the right of the progress bar as it is muted by default.
(please excuse the socks and dirty dishes, ice shot out and surprised us, but then went back to chugging)

See how it just rocks around? If I hold that down the arm can spin and the ice pops out. I have emptied and and tried with just one or two ice cubes, same result. Nothing is stuck in there at the moment either, it was defrosted and dried out fully to make sure there was no ice build up holding it back.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like the coupler is worn down. Take the ice bucket out and remove the two screws. Check the parts below the cover on the shaft.
coupler.jpg

whirlpool-coupling-bottom-crusher-wp2220458-ap6006687_01_m.jpg

Cayaco

Premium Member
Thanks for the diagram, it helped solved the issue. As an update I took everything out and the spring and the coupling ended up being frozen. I took the parts off of the shaft and let them thaw out and dry. Put it back together and everything clicked right into place.

So in the end it's now working again! Ice is coming out in cubes and crushed form so we are good for another day.

Appreciate pointing me in the right direction.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member