• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KSRS27QFWH00 Weird Water Dispenser Problem

rdenis

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRS27QFWH00
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a strange issue with the water dispenser on a KSRS27QFWH00 purchased new in 1997. About two months ago the dispenser started taking longer and longer to start dispensing water. Whereas it used to dispense almost instantaeously, gradually the solenoid response time has extended to now where it takes about 10 seconds before the solenoid valve actuates and allows water to flow. The reservoir is full and the lines aren't frozen.

No changes have been noted in water pressure and the ice maker still works perfectly.

I have not seen this specific problem on a search of these forums but I am guessing I've got a problem in the driver circuit rather than a valve that is going bad as it does eventually energize and open. Perhaps a failing transistor or rectifier (not sure if the valve is AC or DC).

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Is there a way to manually (jump or short) the solenoid valve to see if it actuates immediately? Does anyone know if the driver circuit is enclosed with the solenoid valve assembly or if it is a separate part?

Thanks for your help - great forum BTW!

Rich

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rich,

Water pressure controls the water flow to your water dispenser, there is no motor that pumps(drives) the water to your dispenser, so either your water pressure to the refrigerator from you house water supply has decreased or the water inlet valve is bad.

What I do is turn off your water supply line to the refrigerator, then get a bucket/container and put the water supply line in that bucket and turn on the water, if its slow to come out with no pressure behind it, you just found the problem.

If it has good pressure then its your water inlet valve thats bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for this model, you can order:
Manufacturer Number 4318046

Report back what you find.:)

Jake

rdenis

Premium Member
Aha - good call Jake - problem was a broken/bad needle valve off the main supply line which was reducing the flow to the fridge - nothing wrong on the fridge end!!

Thanks for your help and thanks for this site - I though I was starting to lose my mind deciding if it was the chicken or the egg! LOL:) Turns out it was neither.

Rich

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good Rich, glad you found it was just the needle valve on your water supply line to the refrigerator.:)

Jake