• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSS048QMB KitchenAid Refrigerator - Leaking internal icemaker

Zac185

Premium Member
Model Number
KSS048QMB
Brand
KitchenAid
Good Morning,
We have a kitchen aid built in KSS048QMB, with an internal icemaker. Recently the inverter for the compressor failed. We emptied the entire unit and turned it off for a few days until we had the inverter replaced. When we started the unit back up, I saw ice stalagtites forming under the ice maker, with some frozen spray below and on the door. I removed the icemaker completely, and thawed out all the ice in it, mostly to make sure there was no ice frozen in the filling cup. I reinstalled the ice maker and left it turned off for a day to let it get cold again. Then turned it back on. Worked fine for a couple days, but now I’m seeing the ice stalagtite forming from the bottom of the ice maker again, with some frozen water pooling on items below the icemaker. (No more spray on the freezer walls/door though). Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Zac

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Zac,

Overtime the printed circuit in the module head wears and the contacts become too long and thus allows the icemaker to over fill, then you start seeing the ice stalagtites forming under the ice maker.

The only fix it to replace the ice maker itself.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
WPW10277448 Ice Maker Assembly

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Zac, keep us posted!

Jake