• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSSC36QMS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator Water Dispenser Drip

gianni

Premium Member
Model Number
KSSC36QMS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi All,

I have a slow "drip" with the water dispenser on my KSSC36QMS01 refrigerator. Shortly after dispensing water a drop or two will eventually form at the end of the water tube and fall into the tray. Not a large amount of water, but enough to cause a nuisance when multiple glasses of water a day are dispensed.

Also, the dispensing arm sits further back than my ice dispenser arm. I suspect excess force when filling kid's water jugs over the years has bent the dispenser arm clip. I assume the bracket just to the left of the water dispenser arm (see picture) can be bent back into shape, but am not sure if that is wishful thinking.

BTW - Sorry for the slight "repeat" on this topic as I asked a similar question at the end of a thread related to my icemaker repair, but I was unclear on how to proceed and wanted to include the picture as well.

IMG-8986.jpg

Regards,

Gianni

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Gianni,

Did you just replace the water filter then the drip started?

Anytime you replace the water filter you have to draw 10 full glasses of water from the water dispenser to get the air out of the water lines, or it will cause this problem your having now.

Try that and let us know if that solves it.

Here's the water filter for your model:
EDR5RXD1 FILTER5, Single, Quarter-Turn

If you didn't just replace the water filter and this drip started out of the blue, then the problem is the water inlet valve:
WP2307811 Valve-Inlt
whirlpool-valve-solenoid-double-wp2307811-ap6007186_01_m.jpg

For the water dispenser lever, I don't know of a way to adjust it forward more.
W10856124 Arm-Dispsr

Jake

gianni

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Sorry for the long gap in my reply. The leak has been ongoing for the past several years. Just getting around to addressing it now.

Given that the leak has been ongoing, should I start with the water inlet valve?

As for the water dispensing arm sitting further back, I found this part which I am going to try first - Dispenser Lever Retainer:

Hopefully it works.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Given that the leak has been ongoing, should I start with the water inlet valve?
Yes, that is correct.

Yes, Let us know what happens on the Dispenser Lever Retainer too.

Jake