• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KSSC42QMS01 Need help w/ built in refrigerator, no water coming from dispenser. How to access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrimDr

Premium Member
Model Number
KSSC42QMS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I need to test and possibly replace the inlet valve on my KitchenAid built in. The valve is located underneath and there is no room to get to it.

Do I lay down a 650lb fridge on it's side? Do I crank up the leveling feet to the max, how much room will that give me? Right now I barely have 5" of space. It's hard to see the valve, let alone remove it.

Ice maker is working.
I was able to remove the tube going into the filter, and it's clear from there.
I removed and replaced the filter, tried a new filter.
I get the "click" from the micro switch in the door, and the light does come on.
The hum/buzz you normally hear when water is dispensing is no longer there.

The water stopped dispensing while in use.

Any thoughts? I'm fairly certain it's the valve.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
When you press the dispenser you should read 120 VAC between P4-6 and P5-4 on the main board. If you can slide the machine out a few inches you should be able to lean it back.
WP2188786 Valve-Inlt

TrimDr

Premium Member
Fixed, fixed and fixed.

The dispenser issue was the inlet valve. No continuity.

I also replaced the water reservoir:
WP2256126 Water Reservoir

and now the water taste and smell is back to normal.

I also replaced the ice maker mold WPW10190929 - wow, that was way overdue. The rest of the ice maker was just fine. I didn't feel like waiting for delivery so I bought it locally for $70. The complete ice maker was $180.

Hardest thing was moving the built in into a carpeted area next to a wall. I tilted it up against the wall in order to create enough room to do all the necessary repairs. This s a 2 person job. I used 2 bricks under each side to make sure it didn't come back on me while working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.