• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSSC42QTS00 Water Dispenser Not Working

mercury

Model Number
kssc42qts00
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a KitchenAid side by side fridge/freezer model kssc42qts00 that's about 12 years old. The water dispenser has pretty much stopped dispensing water. When you press the dispenser paddle it beeps, but no water comes out. Sometimes you can hear a slight clicking coming from the solenoid under the fridge, but no water. Every few weeks it decides to work perfectly for a few hours. The icemaker works intermittently. When it works, the icecubes are small and oftentimes get stuck as they are dispensed into the holder. Twice the fill tube has frozen and I have had to thaw it out. None of the buttons (crushed/cubed, light, filter, etc.) work on the panel above the dispenser - I can't remember if they did work at some time while these other issues were present. The ice chute door and auger work fine. I have replaced the solenoid and the water filter and neither made a difference. The water tube/reservoir in the fridge isn't frozen. I have read through several other threads that are similar, but not exactly the same. I now suspect it could be the dispenser board, but without ordering and installing I don't know how to test if this is definitely the issue. I have also read some threads that point to the wiring harness that runs from the bottom of the fridge up the freezer door but, once again, I'm not sure how to troubleshoot. I am stumped and would appreciate any help or ideas. Thanks.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.