KSSC48QTS02 fridge water dispenser not working just beeps/touch panel erraic

jm_maclaren

Premium Member
Model Number
KSSC48QTS02
Brand
KitchenAid
This refrigerator has been a headache. The freezer has started to frost up as though moist air is getting in, yet the ice dispenser flap seems to close well and the rubber seals looks good. Now the water dispenser stopped working and just beeps. The ice touch pad on far left just flickers when touched. I replaced the touchpad and they seem intermittent in responding. Does that mean the main controller board is possibly bad too? As a further test I disconnected the filter and the water line after the filter and when I installed the filter again I was expecting water to flow. Is that a correct assumption as I assumed the water flow is controlled at the door by the rocker switch and valve. The filter is new. If I should get water then I am thinking that either the filter or supply would be at fault. Is that a correct diagnosis. Any help/guidance appreciated.
Thanks,
james

As a ps I just noticed that on controller board 5 WP2318054 C25 was bulging (its a 220uF 35V capacitor). I will replace that part. I had previously replaced a bulging capacitor on board 11 W10219462 and that fixed a problem

Last edited:

jm_maclaren

Premium Member
Would you expect water to flow out of the tube leaving the filter assembly if I disconnect the tubing after filter regardless of the issues with the door controls?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Depends on how the water system is connected. What does the main water supply line connect to?