• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSSP42QHS00 KitchenAid Superba Refrigerator 42 doesn't get cold

Crabbydad

Model Number
KSSP42QHS00
Brand
KitchenAid
I noticed a few things in the freezer were starting to defrost, I checked the air blowing out the vents and it was not cold. I removed everything from the freezer and removed the back cover. The fan is running and the coils are not frozen up. Pulled the top cover, the compressor is running and the fan is pulling air over the condensation coils. The coils were covered in dust, so I cleaned them. Still not blowing cold air. There is ice on the small section of tubes that leave the top of the coil and go into the cabinet. Is there any other component that could be causing this problem? I think i either have a refrigerant leak or a blockage . I assume this is a closed system. Manufacture date is 11/99. Figured I would reach out and see if anyone has a solution before I disassemble and remove. Definitely not replacing with another built in so I will be doing a little cabinet work if I can't fix this one.
Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I think i either have a refrigerant leak or a blockage .
Correct, or a bad compressor. Sealed System repairs are expensive and will often exceed the machines value.