FIXED KUBR204ESB00 Beverage fridge touch panel unresponsive (and all lights on)

geesu

Model Number
KUBR204ESB00
Brand
KitchenAid
I reset my circuit breaker and now this fridge isn't working. I can hear it making noise and the touch panel has every light/button on. But I'm not able to actually touch any buttons to make it do anything.

The manual states to hold down "Cool On" for 3 seconds, well I put my finger over that button and nothing happens. I've tried pressing every button too.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong? I can't use it as the temperature it is "cooling" is actually quite warm. It's exactly 1 year old.

Thanks in advance!

Corrected Model Number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You should have a full 1 yr. warranty on it from KitchenAid, contact them at 1-800-422-1230 and they will send a tech out to fix it for free.

Jake

geesu

I shouldn't say it is "exactly 1 year old". It's 13 months old, of course. They're sending a tech on Friday but I was hoping to find a fix so I wouldn't need to pay :/

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
They can usually do a one time free courtesy warranty repair if its only 13 months old, I'm ask them about that.

If it's the display board or control board your looking at big money, the electronic parts on this model are crazy expensive.

Number 6 here is your display board where you push the buttons:

Jake

Last edited:

geesu

Thanks, tech came out today and confirmed that's what they'd need to do to replace it. His cost is only $303 though for the part, vs. 357 on that site.

And i typed the model wrong, it is KUBR204ESB00 (just updating for google-fu).

geesu

I used the live chat on their website and they've authorized a one time courtesy repair! Thanks for all of your help everyone!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear they gave you that one time warranty courtesy repair.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake