• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDC10FXBL1 KitchenAid Dishwasher - Cancel/Drain Light Fast Blinking

Keijus68

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDC10FXBL1
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a KitchenAid model KUDC10FXBL1 dishwasher. Not sure on the age, I bought it used. It would run fine but recently I noticed that when I start it on any cycle, the dishwasher seems to be running but the cancel/drain light blinks quickly. It seems that the dishwasher is cycling but the light just keep blinking. If I open the door, the light goes off and you cannot resume the cycle.

I ran the heavy/duty cycle and it ran through and the lights illuminated normally but now it starts with the correct lights on but after a minute or so the cancel/drain light begins to blink.

Would the control board be the problem here?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Please update you last thread here first, so Rick and I and others will know what fixed it:

Jake

Keijus68

Premium Member
I never did fix it to know exactly what was wrong. Although I believe I know what the.
issue was, I can’t confirm it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I never did fix it to know exactly what was wrong. Although I believe I know what the.
issue was, I can’t confirm it.
That's fine, just having a update lets us know the outcome.:)

Thanks for the update!

Yes, Rick is correct--->Run the service diagnostics and check for any error codes.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10195615 - Rev B.pdf
    974.8 KB · Views: 65

Keijus68

Premium Member
I ran the diagnostic cycle and get the following errors 2-1, 6-2 and 6-4. The 2-1 coincides with a stuck button, 6-2 and 6-4 coincide with drain or float problems. Well it just so happens that the tightest spot under the counter is right above the Cancel/Drain button and I wonder if it has to do with that.

So I lowered the front of the dishwasher one full turn on the adjustment screen to give it some extra room, unplugged the dishwasher and letting it set and will try and run a cycle later today. The way the kitchen is done and the quality of work, I definitely will be looking at front control dishwashers when I buy a new one at some point.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Dishwasher empty, no soap. Start a normal wash cycle and listen for the fill to stop. Let the machine wash for 30- 60 seconds then open the door and check for soap suds. If there is suds, cut back on the detergent. If you use the tablets switch to either powder or liquid for 30 days. This is a common cause for 6-4 error code.

Keijus68

Premium Member
FIXED.....The dishwasher leveling was off and I could only adjust it so far due to how the kitchen was built. I had to modify and raise the countertop in order to have enough room to properly level the dishwasher which fixed the issue.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure why leveling the dishwasher fixed the problem but if it works, it works. (y)