FIXED KUDE60HXSS5 KitchenAid Dishwasher Fills but then Shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy91

Premium Member
So after successfully running the one hour cycle with the vent wire harness disconnected, I ran the ProWash/ProDry cycle with the vent harness disconnected with 100% success.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
corrosion on the terminals or plug as some of these codes can be false codes on these things.
Maybe disconnect the vent and can see if it completes the cycle. It can power down the DC circuit if bad or corrosion is there.
Excellent, I was not aware that could cause this problem, thanks again bigbuck!

Do you notice any corrosion on the terminals or plugs?

Jake

jimmy91

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

No, there was no moisture or corrosion on the wiring. I believe the vent fan has stopped working. I am going to try and replace it. I'll let you know the outcome.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Jimmy, sounds good, yes that will be very interesting to see if that was the cause this whole time, I've never RAN into that before as being the cause.

Jake

jimmy91

Premium Member
I received the new vent assembly yesterday and installed it this morning. I have run a one hour wash cycle and the dishwasher worked perfectly. So, it appears that the culprit was the vent fan within the vent assembly. The problem is resolved. Many thanks.

Also, thanks bigbuck for the suggestion to disconnect the fan before running diagnostics. That suggestion was certainly key to finding and fixing the problem.

I appreciate all of the help. And my wife is very happy to have her dishwasher back. Woohoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.