• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDE70FVSS2 Kitchenaid Dishwasher Lights Blinking 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Let me see if I can find the tech sheet for that model. I've been using one for a similar model. Maybe there's a difference.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located the tech. data sheet Rick, I'm attaching it below.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10142826 - Rev B.pdf
    804.6 KB · Views: 109

rickgburton

Staff member
Just got from bb LOL....Thanks Jake!. Yeah, there's a difference for 6-1 error code. For your model, it's no communications. Follow the steps on the tech sheet for the 6-1 error code.

BWayne

Premium Member
Thank you Rick.

My neighbor has the same exact dish washer and had a different tech sheet. Attaching here.

Attachments

• Tech Sheet.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 70

BWayne

Premium Member
Thank you Rick, I contacted Whirlpool and they confirmed that the one you had provided is the right one for my model.

So, is the earlier diagnosis of inlet water issue not the right one?

Based on the tech sheet, seems like a wash motor issue?

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
is the earlier diagnosis of inlet water issue not the right one?
Nope
seems like a wash motor issue?
6 is the wash motor function code and the 1 is the problem code for no communications. The control can't tell if the motor is working. Follow the steps on the tech sheet to diagnose the problem. If the voltage at the motor is correct, you'll probably need to replace the motor:
whirlpool-sump-motor-asm-wpw10056309-ap6014814_01_m.jpg

Dave 1

Premium Member
Hi BWayne, I have the exact same problem with my dishwasher, same model, and I was wondering what you ended up doing to fix it? I was leaning towards it being the control panel and not the motor/pump because it does work after a power fail or a diagnostic test. I am looking at the price of the parts and if I end up getting the motor and the board is it even worth fixing.

Dave 1

Premium Member
Hi Rick - thanks, I found the sheet behind the floor panel. On the next page it also says faulty control on motor or dishwasher. I assume the dishwasher control is the circuit board behind the door at the top. I did reseat all the plugs on that and I get about 3-5 washes before it does the 6 and 1 again. That is what's making me think it is the board giving intermittent power to the pump.

Dave 1

Premium Member
BWaynes description is mine to the tee. I am hoping he resolved it, I will try whatever he ended up doing.

rickgburton

Staff member
I am hoping he resolved it, I will try whatever he ended up doing
A lot of people don't post back once it's fixed. But some do. It can go either way even with the exact same symptoms.
That is what's making me think it is the board giving intermittent power to the pump.
You might be right but I've run into this more than once on service calls where the problem was an intermittent motor issue. The motor is actually a DC variable speed motor. There a rectifier on board inside the motor that changes the 120 VAC to DC voltage. The intermittent problem is somewhere in that area. A bad connection or solder joint stops the motor and the control interprets that as a communication error and stops sending the 120 VAC to the motor.
I get about 3-5 washes before it does the 6 and 1 again.
As soon as the machine stops and gives you the 6-1, immediately run the service diagnostics. Interval 22 is the last error code interval. Interval 21 is a 10 second pause and the Hi-Temp LED will be blinking. Press the Hi-Temp key to clear the error codes. After you clear the errors, use the start/resume key to advance to the end of the test cycle (interval 1) and let the cycle end. Then start another regular wash cycle. If the cycle completes without the 6-1 the motor is most likely OK.
whirlpool-d-w-ctrl-wpw10285178-ap6018709_01_l.jpg

Dave 1

Premium Member
okay, I will give it a shot when it fails. I will let you know what happens. It could be a few days.

BWayne

Premium Member
Apologies, just got back home after a long break. I had ordered the control panel and planning to install it over the weekend. Will keep you guys posted.

Dave 1

Premium Member
Good luck, I had mine out to reseat all the plugs. My guess is it is much easier than replacing the pump! Rick's explanation about the rectifier made sense to me so I ordered the pump and of course it hasn't failed on the last 2 washes so I haven't had a chance to clear the codes and run it again. I guess between the two of us we will see what the problem is - pump/motor or board. I was looking at new dishwashers and a comparable new one is 900 - 1500 so even if both parts are needed for one of us you still come out ahead.

rickgburton

Staff member
After replacing a control board you need to run the service diagnostics. Check the wire harness for broken, almost broken, or pinched wires between the motor and control board.

Dave 1

Premium Member
:oops: My motor hasn't come in yet, they said it was in stock. Keep us posted and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.