• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDE70FVSS2 Kitchenaid Dishwasher Lights Blinking 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWayne

Premium Member
Rick - I ran the dish washer in the diagnostic mode. It completes the cycle and gets to standby. But I can’t hear the washer motor switch on.

If I try to run a normal cycle, it just goes runs through the cycle without washing and does not flash any error codes at the end

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
it just goes runs through the cycle without washing
Does it fill and drain? This is with the new motor and control? Are you still getting the 6-1 error code?

rickgburton

Staff member
OK run a normal wash cycle and check for 120 VAC at the motor. What's the part number of that motor?

BWayne

Premium Member
This is the new wash motor assembly part number - WPW10056309

Also, I am hearing occasional click sounds near the toe plate area.

rickgburton

Staff member
check for 120 VAC at the motor.
New control board and new motor, the motor won't run and there's no error codes. That's weird. The control board sends the voltage to the motor so what's left? I assume you checked the wires between the control board and the motor? If you check for 120 VAC at the motor, that should eliminate one of your new parts. You may have a bad new part. We've seen that happen many times

Dave 1

Premium Member
HI - ever since I got the pump/motor mine hasn't failed again. It's just a matter of time though I suppose. What kind of picture would you like? In place with all the plugs in?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
:oops: My motor hasn't come in yet, they said it was in stock. Keep us posted and good luck!
Dave? Your wash motor came in Friday after you posted? and you replaced it and its working fine now?

@BWayne it has to be the wash motor on yours too, 99% of the time the wash motor is the problem when it does not run. Yes, do what Rick says and check for a pinched wire from the control board to the wash motor.

Jake

Dave 1

Premium Member
I guess my response was bit vague. Ever since it came in the dishwasher has been working fine, so I have not replaced it yet. I am waiting for it to flash again and will give it a shot then.

It sounds like Wayne replaced both the pump and the board and then ran the diagnostics and now it just fills and drains no wash and no error code.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it! Thanks Dave!

Jake

BWayne

Premium Member
Dave? Your wash motor came in Friday after you posted? and you replaced it and its working fine now?

@BWayne it has to be the wash motor on yours too, 99% of the time the wash motor is the problem when it does not run. Yes, do what Rick says and check for a pinched wire from the control board to the wash motor.

Jake

Thank you Rick and Jake. Will give this one last try and order a new one by this weekend if nothing works. Cheaper to get a new dishwasher than risk a divorce. Lol.

Any recommendations for a new dishwasher in the below $1K range?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Maytag is the most reliable dishwasher on the market today. My Maytag dishwasher in my kitchen right now has worked perfect since I installed it NEW myself back in April of 2014.

Jake

rickgburton

Staff member
Cheaper to get a new dishwasher than risk a divorce.
white-bridal-gowns-so-the-new-dishwasher-matches-the-fridge.jpg

Dave 1

Premium Member
IMG_1195.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    472.3 KB · Views: 40

Dave 1

Premium Member
Well it finally got to the point where running the diagnostic did not help it anymore, after a diagnostic run I was getting up to 4 washes with no flashes. I replaced the pump unit ran the diagnostic and tried a normal wash. The water was pumping out as fast as it was coming in. I realized I must have flipped a plug on the bottom so I pulled it out and I had the blue, diverter motor, and gray, drain pump, plugs flipped. If Wayne had those flipped you would think the pump was not working but there was no water in the machine to pump. Wayne how did you make out? My first wash did not make it all the way through and now instead of 6 and 1 I have 8 and 1. The dishes are clean... I am trying another wash now.

Dave 1

Premium Member
So I ran it again and got the 8-1 again. I puled it out and had a kink in the flex input line, it filled up for the wash but after the drain and fill for rinse it would not fill. I was messing around with the float as it was a little scummy around it and of course I broke it when I pulled it out, the tip where it flares out broke off. One thing I did notice is that when that float isn't working properly and you try and do a cycle it will immediately flash 6-1. I hate throwing good money after bad but I ordered a new float. I am reading reviews on the new machines and I am appalled that folks are having pump issues on machines that are not even a week old. I was looking at Bosch 300 and people are complaining about wet dishes and the soap pod gets hung up on the rack and never dissolves. I see you recommend Maytag, what do you think of this one if I can't get my unit to work? -

Maytag MDB4949SKZ

Status
Not open for further replies.