• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDE70FVSS2 Kitchenaid Dishwasher Lights Blinking 6-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave 1

Premium Member
Hi Rick - on my float valve the bottom of the rod looks like a mushroom mooring for a boat. Does that just sit In the lever or does it snap in? I watched a few videos but the rods looked straight. That is kind of how I broke it, I saw the videos and the valve just lifts out like nothing and mine barley moved up and down at all. I have a KUDE60FVSS2.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It just sits on the lever to hold the float switch closed. Should just lift out.

Dave 1

Premium Member
It just sits on the lever to hold the float switch closed. Should just lift out.
okay, thanks. I did get 1 good china/light wash out of it which gives me some hope... I am thinking that with a shorter shaft not enough water is in the machine to keep the pump working, probably wrong but I will let you know what happens in a few weeks that is when the float will be here

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is getting too confusing with different model numbers.

We need to keep the model numbers the same in each thread please. @miwitte I will need to move your posts to a new thread, since you have a different model number.

Jake

Dave 1

Premium Member
GM Rick - so I ran it again last night for the fun of it. Here is what it is doing which is the same as it was doing prior to me changing the motor unit. It starts by pumping out the water in the tub then fills and does the pre-wash cycle, pumps out the water and washes and then when it gets to the pump out water after the wash cycle it fails with the 6 and 1 code. I just press cancel and close the door and it will pump out and then I run a rinse cycle and that will run to completion. Any thoughts? I am still waiting for the new float but the fact it does what I described above would lead me to think it isn't the float. is there a sensor or a relay or something...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
@miwitte I did move it here:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see you recommend Maytag, what do you think of this one if I can't get my unit to work? -

Maytag MDB4949SKZ

That is a very good Maytag to get, very reliable.

Jake

Dave 1

Premium Member
so i ran it again and it failed and this time when I hit cancel it wouldn't pump the water out. I gave it the Fonz tap to the right of the handle and it started pumping. So then I run a light/china wash and gave it the Fonz where it has been failing to the 6 and 1 and voila it pumped out the water and switched to drying. I am going to take the door apart and reseat the connections on the board. This is getting personal!

Dave 1

Premium Member
I have gotten 4 complete washes in a row with no flashing lights. I never took the door apart, in the following wash I tapped it again around the time when it was failing and I heard something rattle down the inside of the door, it was very small. My best guess is something was loose in there and was causing the failure, maybe jumping something that made it fail. If you are having this 6 and 1 error in the middle of the wash here is my advice. Time the wash and see exactly when it fails. Hit cancel and pump out water if need be, run diagnostic, clear the errors and run a new wash. When the time comes up where it failed give the door a firm tap a couple of times to the right of the handle and see if it keeps going. I probably never needed to replace that motor assembly as it was failing in the exact same way. On the bright side I have a new pump and hopefully will get another 10 years out of it. Thanks Jake for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you find what was rattling in there Dave? Happy days FONZ tap should not be the NORMAL way to get to run. LOL We really need to find out what was rattling.:)

Error 6-1 also says this:
Neutral door switch not making contact consistently:
--->Faulty or sloppy door latch assembly (which can be aggravated by high door closure force, keeping strike plate from fully seating).
--->Faulty door switch (high resistance).
NOTE: Neutral switch on plastic tub models is only in series with motor and heater. Other loads are not affected.

Here's the door latch switch assembly for your model:
WPW10404412 Door Latch Assembly

Jake

Dave 1

Premium Member
No I did not take the door apart to see what fell down in there, I figure leave well enough alone right now. My latch seems fine, I was not tapping it near the latch, I was tapping it to the right of the handle in front of cancel button and the blue LEDs. If it starts the flashing again I will take the door apart and check to see what rolled down in there. 4 washes in a row without running a diagnostic or power fail is a record so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Dave 1

Premium Member
I saw that and slid the washer out a little and clamped the door shut and it failed at the same point with the 6-1.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it!

Yes, lets see how long it will keep working, I'm hoping for the best Dave!

@BWayne any news on yours?

Jake

Dave 1

Premium Member
It started flashing again the other day and tapping the door didn't work. I took the control board out and it looked a little brown so I just replaced and am running the diagnostic.

The relay that plugs in there was rattling and the new one does not. Hopefully that was the intermittent trouble.

Attachments

• DWCB.jpg
    DWCB.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 20

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see that Dave, you should be back in business now.:)

Glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Jake

Dave 1

Premium Member
I ran it 4 or 5 times this weekend and it makes it all the way through and seems quieter when running but now the dryer isn't working. I ran the diagnostics after installing the board but did it with the error code. I saw on another thread to do it without the error codes so I am trying that now. While going through diagnostic the drying light is on and it sounds like it is washing.. It is right in the beginning so I will try another wash when it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.