• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDE70FXPA2 Dishwasher will not start TOP RACK light on and CLEAN light on

mrc2

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDE70FXPA2
Brand
KitchenAid
kitchenaid Dishwasher KUDE70FXPA2 First the START light stopped working but the dishwasher worked fine. You just had to touch the NORMAL button then the START button and close the door. On the last time I tried to do the dishes I could not get any of the buttons to work. Turned off the power to reset but it did not do any thing. Now when you turn the power back on only the TOP RACK light and the CLEAN light come on. Touching any of the key does not do anything. Removed the front panel to check if I could see anything on the control panel or the computer board. Found nothing. Is there a way to reset the computer on the board itself? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The problem is you possibly have a short in your control panel touchpad assembly, seen this many times on my service calls.

Here's the control panel touchpad assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10481151 Panel-Cntl

Jake

mrc2

Premium Member
Think the cable between the control panel and computer is bad it is has been taped with tape on both

I think the cable between the control panel and computer is bad. See pictures. It is taped at both ends.

Attachments

• cable1.JPG
    cable1.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 168
  • cable2.JPG
    cable2.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 163

mrc2

Premium Member
Think the cable between the control panel and computer is bad it is has been taped with tape on both However I check the continuity on it and it was ok. There is 5 connectors going to the control panel and only 4 go to the computer what is the extra connector for?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its for a extra sensor option that your model doesn't have.

Do this:

(1) IF SOME KEYS DO NOT RESPOND, THEN:
- UNPLUG DISHWASHER OR DISCONNECT POWER.
- DISASSEMBLE DOOR AND DISCONNECT KEYPAD CONNECTION
FROM CONTROL OR LCD DISPLAY MODULE.
- VERIFY ALL OTHER CONNECTIONS TO CONTROL ARE MADE.
- RE-ASSEMBLE DOOR BUT DO NOT CLOSE DOOR.
- PLUG IN DISHWASHER OR RECONNECT POWER
- WAIT AT LEAST 7 SECONDS FOR CONTROL TO POWER UP COMPLETELY.
- CLOSE DISHWASHER DOOR & MONITOR CONTROL RESPONSE:
--->(A) IF CONTROL IS OK (NO LONGER SEES STUCK KEYS WITH KEYPAD UNPLUGGED), IT WILL RESPOND BY TURNING ON THE DRAIN MOTOR FOR 2 MINUTES. REPLACE KEYPAD AND CONSOLE.
--->(B) IF CONTROL IS NOT OK (STILL SEES STUCK KEYS WITH KEYPAD UNPLUGGED), IT WILL NOT TURN ON DRAIN MOTOR. WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10 SECONDS. IF STILL NO DRAIN RESPONSE, THEN REPLACE CONTROL OR LCD
DISPLAY MODULE (WHICHEVER ONE THE KEYPAD WAS CONNECTED TO).

Jake

mrc2

Premium Member
Tried with control panel disconnected the the motor came on for 2 mins

Tried with the control panel disconnected the motor came on for 2 minutes
Tried with the control panel disconnected but the control panel cable attached to the computer and the motor came on for 2 minutes
Tried with the control panel connected to the computer the motor came on for 2 minutes The TOP RACK and CLEAN lights were on the whole time (before closing the door after the motor started and after the motor turn off)
Is the control panel still the problem and replacing it should fix the problem. Thanks for all your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, its definity the keypad that's bad then.

You can order it from my link to it above and you'll be back in business guaranteed.:)

Jake

mrc2

Premium Member
installed new keypad. lights correct. key pad works. did a wash. The wash cycle worked. I am not sure it did the rinse cycle. it just stopped and the WASHING and START/RESUME lights started blinking. I reset it and did another load this time with the dry cycle selected. it did the same thing, the wash cycle worked, not sure if did the rinse cycle. It stopped the WASHING and START/RESUME light started flashing. I reset it and did the rinse cycle by itself which work ok. Any ideas. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We are almost there.:)

Anytime you replace a part on these new dishwashers you always have to run the SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE, and let it run all the way through to reset it back to default.

Entry sequence: Press any 3 keys in the sequence 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between key presses. NOTE: Some models have replaced the “Clean” LED with “Completed.”
The Service Diagnostics Cycle will start when the door is closed.

■ Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and last run information from memory and restores defaults. It also forces the next cycle to be a sensor calibration cycle.

LET IT RUN ALL THE WAY THROUGH: Service diagnostic cycle will take about 23 minutes.

Do that now, and report back.:)

Jake

mrc2

Premium Member
did the 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 it turned on all the lights on the key pad. when closed the door NORMAL WASH, PRODRY and START light came on with CLEAN light flashing. Later all those lights went out and the 1 HOUR WASH, HI TEMP SCRUB and START lights came on with he CLEAN light flashing Later all the light when off. (I have not put the front wood panel back on the dishwasher so I can see the key panel while the door is closed and the dishwasher is washing.) Waited almost an hour then tried a wash. It did the wash not sure if it did the clean but the WASHING and START/RESUME lights started blinking like before. I did the reset multiple times with the same results. Any ideas? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, but all the buttons are responding now like they should correct?

Waited almost an hour then tried a wash. It did the wash not sure if it did the clean
So when you started a new cycle it filled fine? Did you hear the wash motor come on after that and start washing? There are like 5 wash motor pauses when it first starts, and after that the wash motor should stay on continuously for a long time.

If that wash motor is not staying on like its suppose to you may have a problem with that wash motor, you'd need a multimeter to check for 120 volts to it when it should be washing.

Do a voltage test at the wash motor terminals when the motor should be running and washing.

Start reading at post#5 here: 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

Let us know what you find.

Jake