• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDE70FXSS5 KitchenAid Dishwasher Leaking Water Out Side Vent in Door

thuertz

Model Number
KUDE70FXSS5
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,

After each dry cycle, my dishwasher is leaving a small puddle of water near the left side of the door. After replacing the lower door seal, I’m now realizing that the source of this water is steam coming out the side vent of the door (see picture of the vent I’m referring to below), hitting the side of the fridge, condensing and dripping on floor.

I then thought the issue was with the poor connection between the vent motor and lower black piece of the vent, so I sealed with silicone and wrapped in Gorilla Tape for good measure, but the issue is still occurring. I saw another user post a similar issue, and the response was to buy a new vent inlet gasket, but this gasket isn’t shown on the parts diagram for my model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• FB67188A-0AB5-4674-8E14-E96347F53FF8.jpeg
    FB67188A-0AB5-4674-8E14-E96347F53FF8.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 57

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You are correct, you'd need to order the complete door vent assembly to get the gasket.

Here it is for your model:
WPW10469574 Vent

To access the vent assembly you will need a T-15 torx screwdriver: Remove 4 screws (long) across top of door, then remove 10 screws (short) on the sides, then the outer door panel pulls off.

Jake