• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDI01FL Dishwasher, not working, thermal fuse ok

stephen11962

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDI01FL
Brand
KitchenAid
Select function (clean, rinse, etc) (lights up)/press start/close door/wait/nothing happens and selected function light goes out after 60 seconds or so. Thermal fuse checks out.

Cannot find wiring diagram. I have a volt/ohm meter. What can I do next to trouble shoot?

Unit is almost 2 years old - control panel is still under warranty, but I would have to pay for service call - about $100 PLUS labor. (Very down on KithcenAid. DW came with broken housing and leaked. Wall oven blows out thermal fuses after cleaning cycle.)

Stephen

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check the door switch for continuity.

If the control panel/control board are not working, that $100.00 labor charge would be alot better than $200.00+ for parts after the warranty runs out.:)

Jake

stephen11962

Premium Member
Sorry for not mentioning before, but the door switch also functions.

So you think I have to bite the bullet and have KitchenAid do the repair?

Rats

Stephen11962

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yea, I know it doesn't sound good, but could cost you less in the long run.:)

Jake

SkipMots

Premium Member
Did you ever find out what the cause was?

Similar issues with my unit now. What ended up being the cause of the problem. Trying to get fixed before the holidays :) Thanks

stephen11962

Premium Member
Needed a new control panel. Panel was under warranty, but labor was not - $100+. Do not know origin of problem. Serviceman said probably a power surge overcame the electronics (but never underestimate the power of bad design). Fixed a week and maybe showing signs of problems. Experience with KitchenAid is very negative.

Getting fixed before holidays is between you and your service provider. Part was out of stock for several days. Maybe a clue to the number of control panels being fried.

Good luck.

Stephen11962

stephen11962

Premium Member
Replaced control under warranty. Labor etc was $120. Worked once - after the serviceman left. Only way to get dishwasher to work now is to power off the whole machine (I don't know the shortest time for this. I went to bed.) Worked in the morning. Drain cycle does work after pressing the Cancel button - that's all.

What does this all mean? Is the new control panel defective or is there some way to get this animal to behave?

Stephen

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its possible its a defective board, I would call back to get them out again to fix, they shouldn't charge you anything for this.

Jake

vgilmer

Premium Member
Similiar problem with Kenmore

Was the 2nd control board in fact defective? I have a 2nd control board on now and it also started having same problem after 2nd day of installation. Not sure I want another one. Maybe a new dishwasher at this point.

stephen11962

Premium Member
Second panel no good? Try the third panel that doesn't work either and the authorized Kitchenaid service provider refusing to do anything further - suggesting that we call Kitchenaid and have someone else come out and try. (It seems, according to George, the repairman, the parts are covered but not his time after the first visit. True???) Wrote a certified, return receipt letter instead, to Jeff Fettig, CEO of Whirlpool requesting a new dishwasher of equavlent value. That was yesterday.

We'll see. . .

Stephen11962