• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDI01ILBL5 KitchenAid Diwshasher Not Starting (flashing light) or When Started, Stops After 7 seconds

Ajit

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDI01ILBL5
Brand
KitchenAid
I had to turn the breaker/fuse off for one hour (half hour did not do the trick); after that time, I got dishwasher to start. When I turned on the fuse, the normal button was on and not blinking. However, once the dishwasher started, it went off after seven seconds. I turned off the breaker/fuse again. And this time, I did not have to wait half an hour as the dishwasher started right away. However, it stopped after seven seconds; kept doing the breaker/fuse on/off a few times but the seven seconds time interval has not changed. I'm not sure if I need to call an electrician? I'm not sure how to access the control board and the piping I've read about in different posts.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Which light is flashing? How many flashes is it flashing in a row?

What happens when you don't turn the breaker off? Does the keypad still respond at all when you press any buttons?

Here's the control board for your model: WP8564543

When you click the link to it, you will see a video of HOW TO access it. Look at it carefully and see if you notice any burnt spots on it. Turn the breaker OFF to your dishwasher first before you access it.

Jake

Ajit

Premium Member
When I don't turn the breaker off, the normal light flashes if I try to get it to start. Then, if I click cancel, both flash. They keep flashing. There does not seem to be a pattern in the number of times for flashing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its possibly control panel that's bad, seen this happen many times. But check your main control board for burnt spots on it first.

Look here:
Here's the control panel for your model you can order here:
Touchpad and Control Panel WP8531816

Jake