• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDI02CRBS3 KitchenAid Dishwasher - Detergent Dispenser Does Not Open. Voltage Tested Ok and new wax motor installed.

nobb

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDI02CRBS3
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi guys, this one has me stumped.

I have a Kitchenaid KUDI02CRBS3 of which the soap dispenser was not working. When I took it apart, I discovered that the old wax motor appeared to have shorted out (~0 ohm resistance) and the wax motor looked burnt out. Some of the higher voltage wires going to the control board had melted foam surrounding it, indicating that they got hot from drawing too much current. The wires itself were not damaged.

The control board and all functions seemed to work, so I did a voltage test and measured ~70 VAC to the dispenser so I figured that it was ok. I replaced the dispenser with a new wax motor, but upon further testing it does not appear the dispenser opens during a wash cycle. Not sure if I should be getting the full 120VAC, or what is causing this voltage drop? All fuses looked ok and nothing seems burnt on the control board.

I am completely out of ideas now. What would you guys suggest I test, or should I just scrap this unit?

Attachments

• 1604014540949.png
    1604014540949.png
    736 bytes · Views: 9

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You should be getting 120 volts to that detergent dispenser wax motor.

So the control board is the culprit.

Here is the control board for your model you can order:
Main Control Board WPW10084141

You get a $60 credit back on your credit card when you return your old control board.

Jake

nobb

Premium Member
Thanks. So weird that I'm still getting 70 volts to the dispenser. I wonder if there's a quick diagnosis or part on the board that is responsible for this? Not economical to be getting a new board, might as well get another dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There is a circuit on the control board that sends the signal to make it activate at 120 volts, but as techs we don't replace parts at board level, we just replace the control board.

Jake