• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDI02FR - Stops near end of cycle and start light blinks

mikefunergy

Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
1
Location
Nelson, BC
Model Number
KUDI02FR
Brand
KitchenAid
Age
More than 10 years
Hello,
The cycle goes through to almost completion, then right at the end (according to me timing it), the machine fully turns off (ie, no lights on), and a min later the start light starts blinking. It stays this way. However, if I hit 'start' again while blinking, the machine continues for about 10 mins, and then comes to complete (ie, blue 'complete' light comes on).

I tried disconnecting the power, and resetting the control panel, which didn't make a difference.

It seems to me that something is interrupting the cycle. Like it can do 90%, then gets interrupted and stops, and if I hit start again, it finishes the remaining 10%.

I recently replaced the high-limit thermal fuse so I thought maybe it was reaching too high a temp and shutting off, but I just read that it's a one-time fuse, so it can't be that since power comes back on and I can repeat the sequence.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Mike
 
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.
Top