• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDI02IRBL3 - KitchenAid Dishwasher fills and drains but doesn't spray water

Joe Perch

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDI02IRBL3
Brand
KitchenAid
Hey guys,

We are having some dishwasher issues (KUDI02IRBL3). We first noticed that the dishes didn't seem to get clean. Probably not the smartest idea but I ran the washer with a spacer in the latch switch to see what was going on internally after noticing that the dishes didn't seem wet after the wash cycle.

- When started the dishwasher will fill properly.
- After the fill, none of the sprayers rotate or spray water.
- After 3 to 5 minutes the water will drain.
- It will then fill again and repeat.

Is this likely an issue with the motor? Or more likely related to the control board somehow?

I don't hear the sprayer motor click or try to engage.

Thanks for any input ahead of time.

Joe Perch

Premium Member
Quick update,

I pulled the dishwasher out from under the counter. I unplugged the connector going into the pump in the back of the dishwasher. The connector has three wires, a green, then a blue with white stripe, then a blue with red stripe. I read 120V between the two outer wires (green and B/R) when the cycle isn't started. I read 30V between the green and B/W when the cycle isn't started. This voltage readout doesn't change after the washer fills with water.

Does this indicate that it is some kind of a signal issue vs it being the pump?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Joe,

I'd first check your motor capacitor. See if its bulged at the top of it. If not, you can still test it, there is a capacitor testing video below.

Here's the motor capacitor for your model:
Capacitor WPW10334457

If the motor capacitor is fine, then check for 120 volts at the BLUE wire and VIOLET wire to the circulation wash motor after it fills and should be running, if your meter says 120 volts to it and its not running its bad.

Here's the circulation wash motor for your model:
Circulation Pump Motor WPW10757217

Here's the video to access/replace it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake