KUDM24SEBL0 Kitchen Aid Dishwasher not starting

vannooch

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDM24SEBL0
Brand
KitchenAid
Our dishwasher does nothing when the start button is pushed. It was in the house when we moved in in 2015 so I am not sure how old it is.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like the thermal fuse inside the dishwasher went out.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Fuse 675796

When you click that link there will be 2 videos to show you how to access/replace it, and also to ohm test it with a multimeter.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I should of asked you if your control panel lights are all working first? But when you press start the light is working but nothing is happening? Any flashing lights?

Jake

vannooch

Premium Member
No, I was not ready for this last night. The breaker was tripped. I canceled the wash that my bride had started yesterday. I started a new wash today with the following settings: pots and pans, high temp wash. These are the ones that she uses. Pots and pans light on, wash cycle light on, high temp wash light on, water heating light on.

I will post another update as it starts or does it start, something tripped it.

Water heating light just went out. Nothing happened...pots and pans light on, wash cycle light on, high temp wash light on.

Fifteen minutes later the water heating light is on, along with the other three and it has not made a sound the whole time.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, since the lights came on its not the thermal fuse that's bad, when that goes bad nothing will light up and it will act completely dead.

With those lights working, but when you press start nothing happens and your door latch switch checks good, like Rick mentioned for you to check, then the problem is either the control panel keypad or control board, both of which are No Longer Available for your model.

This dishwasher was made in 1997, that's why those parts are no longer made.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I own a Maytag dishwasher myself and its been running great since I bought it in 2014, not a single problem.

This is the one I own:

I recommend Maytag, Whirlpool, Kitchenaid, and Amana.

Jake