• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDP01DLWH0 KitchenAid Dishwasher has no power

Ken Frisbie

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDP01DLWH0
Brand
KitchenAid
I have no power at dishwasher. Circuit Breaker is OK and the dishwasher is only item on circuit. Unit is wired inside electrical box at bottom of dishwasher

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd first check to make sure you have 120 volts coming in with a multimeter.

Where you house power line connects to the main electrical of the dishwasher, Across Black and White should read 120 volts. There should be 2 wire nuts that connect the main power line to your dishwasher in the junction box underneath the dishwasher. Just remove the very bottom access panel and you will see that junction box. I've seen those wire nuts come loose/and or arc, and cause this problem.

Usually when the dishwasher acts dead, and your are getting 120 volts to the dishwasher, the cause is the thermal fuse went out. It snaps onto the side of your control board.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model you can order(Video Included):
Thermal Fuse 8193762

It comes with instructions and you have to replace the wiring(that comes with it) also.:)

You can ohm test it per this video to see if yours is bad, Make sure you turn your breaker off to your dishwasher first, and also remove both wires to it before ohm testing it!

Jake

Ken Frisbie

Premium Member
Hi Jake, Thanks for the quick response! I checked the voltage and have 120 volts. The wires are tight in the wire nuts and I don't see any signs of arcing there.
I then opened the top of the door to check the circuit board and the fuse. My tester shows an open circuit in the fuse. I am attaching a picture of the PC board and I see some discoloration on it at D16.
I also checked for resistance on the door switch and the circuit closes when depressing the door switch and the circuit is open when the switch is released.
I picked up a new thermal fuse from a local vendor my appliance dealer suggested but have not installed it, since I don't know what caused the fuse to blow.
What should I do now?

Ken Frisbie

Premium Member
Forgot attachments

Attachments

• PCboard1.jpg
    PCboard1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 30
  • PCboard2.jpg
    PCboard2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 30

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you'd need to replace that control board too.

Here's the control board for your model: WP8564543

Buts its been discontinued. 🙁

Probably time to dishwasher shopping.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.