• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDP02CRBS3 Kitchenaid Whisper + : Top Rack Not Cleaning

jdginc

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDP02CRBS3
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi,

The top rack of the dishwasher (Kitchenaid Whisper KUDP02CRBS3) is not cleaning. Here are some details - any help or guidance would be awesome!

Part 1:
> The dishwasher top and bottom was doing a diminishing job of cleaning the dishes. And got worse over time.
> I took apart the filter and grinder and cleaned out everything (food pieces, plastic pieces, and other junk that was inside).
> Ran dishes and everything was clean and awesome.

Part 2:
> As of a few days ago, the bottom is cleaning as expected. But the top is not. And it doesn't appear any water is even getting to the top.
> Once again, just today, I cleaned out the gunk/food/pieces of random things after opening the filter and the grinder, etc. Not much in there from the cleaning I did in part one.
> I've disassembled and cleaned out the parts and spinners that attach to the inside wall and the racks. Opening them and washing them, etc. Nothing appeared to be blocking anything.
> I've run a cycle with bowls facing up in the top rack to see if water was getting to the top. No water. And the spinner arm attached to the top rack didn't appear to be wet or have moved position.

I'm lost! Any ideas or guidance would be appreciated!
Thanks for your time,
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jeremy,

Here's the upper spray arm parts for your model: Parts for KitchenAid KUDP02CRBS3: Upper Wash and Rinse Parts

The water feed tube assembly was the first thing that came to me as the culprit of the upper spray arms not turning.

I've replaced many water feed tube assemblies when I worked at Sears and Wards, that seem to always fix the problem with the upper spray arms not having much pressure.

Here's the water feed tube assembly for your model:
WP8559850 Water Supply Tube

Jake

jdginc

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

Really appreciate your guidance! I just placed the order using the link you provided. Just wanted to clarify if you think there's anything I should double check regarding any of the float or anything else while I've got the body open for surgery :)

Thanks! Hope your day is going well!
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Jeremy,

That's about all you'd need.

After it fills with water open the door and see how high the water level is, normal would be just under the heating element.

If the water is much lower than that, then you'd also need a new water inlet valve.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order if needed:
WPW10158389 Water Inlet Valve

Jake

jdginc

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Of course, last night the dishwasher seems like it's not cleaning the bottom now too! LOL, of course! I also got the 7-clean-blinking scenario - I cleared the error (after searching this forum on how to!).

There's definitely water happening and the dishes are getting wet - just ran again this morning to double check. But food and junk still on a good handful of dishes and utensils.

The water feeder tube is in transit - and I'll replace that once it's here (and get in to the grinder area and make sure things are clean there as well again). And I'll report back!

Again, thanks so much for your time!
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
last night the dishwasher seems like it's not cleaning the bottom now too! LOL, of course! I also got the 7-clean-blinking scenario

If its not cleaning the bottom now either, then you'd need a new sump/motor assembly also.

The clean light blinking 7 times is a heating problem, and the lack of pressure due to a bad sump/motor assembly would cause that too.

Does the heating element get hot in the dry cycle?

Here's the sump/motor assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10780877 Pump and Motor Assembly

Video included in part link, It will show you how to replace it.

Jake

jdginc

Premium Member
The heating element does seem to get pretty hot! Does that mean something in particular related to the sump/motor assembly?

jdginc

Premium Member
Hi Jake, FYI, I ordered the sump/motor assembly with the link you provided. Thanks! I feel like I'll have rebuilt the entire dishwasher with the water feed tube and assembly soon. Parts should be here tomorrow.
Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes,

The water from the spray arms is suppose to pass over the heating element, thus heats the water, watch the video below:

[video=youtube_share;Hv7xOaucH7I]https://youtu.be/Hv7xOaucH7I[/video]

Ok, keep us posted after you replace the parts.:)

Jake

jdginc

Premium Member
Hi Jake!

Ok, almost 2 weeks into replacing the dishwasher pump/heart! And it's clean dishes every time! I just did a PayPal donation - thanks so much for your guidance and support!

I still have the unboxed water feeder next to me - I'm debating whether to replace the existing when it does appear to not be the problem. Or if I should just return it. Thoughts on this?

Thanks again! I'll be back when something else breaks :)
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear the new sump/motor assembly fixed it.:)

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the Donation, I saw it come this morning.:)

I still have the unboxed water feeder next to me - I'm debating whether to replace the existing when it does appear to not be the problem. Or if I should just return it. Thoughts on this?
Either way is fine, you can keep it till you need it, or return it for a full refund, less shipping.:)

Jake