• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDR204EPA - Kitchenaid Refrigerator drawers - not cooling properly. Shows overtemp alarm and door alarm not working

ctina

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDR204EPA
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello, I am looking for guidance on how to fix the following issues.

Both refrigerator drawers are not cooling properly. Using a meat temp probe (that's all I have!), the drinks get to 54 degrees in the top drawer and 59 degrees bottom drawer. When I open the top drawer, the fan in the back is always turning. I noticed the fan in the bottom drawer does not seem as active as the top drawer. Maybe because its so warm?

Two issues:
1. The Refrigerator panel is displaying an "OVERTEMP" sensor.
2. The door alarm sensor stopped working. I could leave it open all day & no alarm sounds off.

Additional info: I had a technician to my house to look at the unit. He ended up replacing the entire control panel which did not fix the issue. When I say control panel, I am referring to the panel the homeowner uses that allows you to change the temperature setting. It is located within the top drawer.

I did clean the vents. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Below is a link to the owners manual for reference.

https://www.kitchenaid.com/content/dam/global/documents/201412/owners-manual-W10741575-RevA.pdf

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This is a KitchenAid model I've never seen or had training on, so you will need to contact KitchenAid at 800-422-1230 and have the tech. come back to see what's going on.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Christina, sorry I could not help you.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.