• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDS01ILBS6 Dishwasher error

jcz

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS01ILBS6
Brand
KitchenAid
My Kitchenaid superba dishwasher circa 2005 has been acting up. It will start, run for a bit then stop. The clean light blinks either 5 or 7 times, the clock on the front shows a 2. I have tried the reset function and have got it to work but it sometimes takes two or three attempts to get through a cycle. Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Without a model number we are dead in the water.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

jcz

Premium Member
Looked for that last night before I posted. It’s is completely worn off of the door. Any other places I can look? Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

If the clean light is blinking 7 times and the dishwasher shuts down that indicates a heating circuit error. So the problem would be either a bad heating element or bad control board, or your chopper screen is clogged up or broken.

I'd first check your sump basin, and see if your chopper screen is clogged up or broken. Make sure the breaker is OFF to your dishwasher first!

Watch this video first:

[video=youtube_share;iRCCrEwrst8]https://youtu.be/iRCCrEwrst8[/video]

Here's the chopper screen for your model:
Food Chopper Assembly WP8268383

Video Included in part link.

If your chopper screen is NOT broken and If cleaning the chopper screen does not fix it, then next I would ohm test the heating element for continuity. Watch the video below. Make sure the breaker is OFF to your dishwasher first!

Here's the heating element for your model in case you need to order it:
Heating Element WPW10082892

[video=youtube_share;lZCP55aScvI]https://youtu.be/lZCP55aScvI[/video]

Let us know what you find.

Jake

jcz

Premium Member
Found a ton of miscellaneous crap in the drain area. Cleaned it out, worked like a charm! Thank you so much for the guidance! Merry Christmas!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that was all it was.:)

Thanks for the update!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jake

jcz

Premium Member
Happening again???

Hi Jake, I appreciate the first repair getting me through Christmas and all of the plates! But it seems as if the same problem is starting up again. It is shutting down midcycle. Flashing codes, etc. I tried the reset sequence. I also did the same thing as last time and cleaned out the drainage area and food chopper but there wasn't much in there this time around. Any suggestions as to what to look for next?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Is it flashing the clean light 7 times?

Jake

jcz

Premium Member
So it worked again for a week or so. Now back to acting funny. This time the Clean Light is flashing 8 times. Sorry for the delay.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11IdFxKbFm69yptvV895sRa6heqo9bBk7

I don't see any error codes when the clean light blinks 8 times, only 7.

I need to know the exact details of what worked and what didn't.

Start from the beginning of the cycle.

You selected NORMAL wash, then it filled? Then it washed? Then it drained? Then what happened? it stopped completely and all lights were out and it began flashing the clean light 8 times?

So on and so forth.

Jake

jcz

Premium Member
Okay, so this is what I see as best I can describe it:

It is inconsistent. Sometimes it works without interruption. Sometimes it stops mid cycle. Sometimes it works if I try it again. Sometimes it works if I reset the cycle.

You were right: when the problem exists, the clean light is flashing 7 times. Apparently I can't count.

The number error code shows 2.

When I start the cycle, the digital display shows a green line that moves around. The "Add rinse Aid, Sensing/Soak, Add a dish" lights are all lit.

It starts to fill, the digital display continues to move. It does this for about 5-10 minutes. Then it stops. Occasionally, the time will be displayed around 82 minutes. Sometimes it goes down by a minute or two then stops. Sometimes the time never gets displayed.

Then just the clean light will flash. The dishes are all wet, not clean. Most of the time the detergent door is open and the pod is gone. Not always, but most of the time. But it definitely does not get through the entire cycle.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it! Thanks.:)

Ok, Go back to post #5.

If the clean light is blinking 7 times and the dishwasher shuts down that indicates a heating circuit error. So the problem would be either a bad heating element or bad control board, or your chopper screen is clogged up or broken.

If your chopper screen is NOT broken and If cleaning the chopper screen does not fix it, then next I would ohm test the heating element for continuity. Watch the video below. Make sure the breaker is OFF to your dishwasher first!

Here's the heating element for your model in case you need to order it:
Heating Element WPW10082892

[video=youtube_share;lZCP55aScvI]https://youtu.be/lZCP55aScvI[/video]

Let us know what you find.

Jake

jcz

Premium Member
Hi Jake: Somewhat of an ignorant question but figured I would ask before I went down this road. Can I test for continuity with my multi-meter while it is installed on the dishwasher? Otherwise I have a bigger project on my hands and thought I would ask first. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Can I test for continuity with my multi-meter while it is installed on the dishwasher?
Yes, you can. Just turn the breaker off to your dishwasher, and remove the 2 wires from the heating element, then ohm test it at the heating element terminals.

Jake