• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDS01ILBT6 KitchenAid Dishwasher fills with water then stops

DanY123

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS01ILBT6
Brand
KitchenAid
I've had this happen twice that I know of where the dishwasher will fill with water then does not continue on. It happened once when it filled with water after the first rinse cycle, it filled with water, I could hear the soap dispenser open then nothing. It happened again on the last fill in the Baked on Cookware cycle, it filled then stopped. I got it to start again after I opened and shut the door. The lights on the control panel are lit while this is going on. I replaced the circulation pump and assembly in May of 2018 (Part # W10782773). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Dan,

I'd first check your motor capacitor. See if its bulged at the top of it. If not, you can still test it, there is a capacitor testing video in the part link to it below.

Here's the motor capacitor for your model:
Capacitor WPW10334457

If the motor capacitor is fine, then check for 120 volts at the BLUE wire and VIOLET wire to the sump wash motor after it fills and should be running, if your meter says 120 volts to it and its not running its bad.

Here's the sump motor for your model:
Circulation Pump Motor WPW10757217

Here's the video to access/replace it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

DanY123

Premium Member
OK, I'll try that. Interesting to note that if I order the whole motor & pump assembly its about $50 cheaper than just the motor. Am I missing anything?

Dan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Dan, you are correct, getting the complete wash motor/sump assembly is much less expensive than the wash motor alone.

Here it is for your model:
W10782773 PUMP&MOTOR

Jake

DanY123

Premium Member
Hi Jake, sorry to leave this tread hanging but the washer has been working fine up until now but I have noticed something recently. I usually use the 'baked on cookware' cycle and that seems to be working fine. I tried the normal cycle and the motor would not start after it filled with water after it drained during the cycle. Ran it on the 'baked on cookware' cycle after that and it ran fine and I have been using that cycle since. Does that still point to the motor as the problem? I have not tried testing the voltage at the motor since the problem has been intermittent. Thanks

Dan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I have not tried testing the voltage at the motor
That's the only way you will know Dan, when the wash motor does not run on the NORMAL cycle.:)

Jake

DanY123

Premium Member
I took off the bottom cover to access the wires and I don't see how I'm going to get to the wires on the motor while its running. I think I may just roll the dice and get a new motor.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You'd need to pull the dishwasher out a little bit to get to those wires.

But on this model if the wash motor is running on the 'baked on cookware' cycle, then the motor should be fine. So it would seem to me to be the control board not sending 120 volts to the motor in the "NORMAL" cycle.

Here's the control board for your model: WP8564543

Buts its been discontinued. 🙁

Jake

DanY123

Premium Member
Do those wires come from the control board? Is it possible to test them at the control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes,

Volt test across P5(Blue wire) and P9(Red/Black wire). Make sure the door switch is closed or bypassed when you do that.

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Attachments

• 8564549.pdf
    174.5 KB · Views: 6

DanY123

Premium Member
It looks like I will need a new control board but it has be discontinued. I've been looking for a donor dishwasher without success. I also have been looking at the new dishwashers from Kitchenaid and the lower rack tines are spaced out further and don't hold as many dishes as my current dishwasher. My current dishwasher has space for 15 dishes in the rear and another 15 in the front on the lower rack. Am I missing something on these new dishwasher? Just my observation. Thanks again for your help.

Dan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Missing something Dan? Like what?

I don't design them, so I have no clue what could be missing.:)

Jake