• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDS02SRWH1 Thermal Fuse Blown - What could cause it? What else t check

me_rubin

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS02SRWH1
Brand
KitchenAid
My Kitchenaid dishwasher KUDS02SRWH1 S/N FT0402046 suddenly was dead no lights, no nothing. Check circuit breaker, OK Checked power to receptacle and wires feeding into dishwasher, OK. Then preceded to look on forum and found that the bad item is probably the Thermal fuse. Read up on how to remove it removing all the torx screws from inside door , being careful not to mix up the top ones that were longer. Opened it up. Removed the fuse, then tested with ohm Continuity tester on ohm meter. No Tone... Yep its dead.

So my new one will be here tomorrow.

Now what I don't want to do is install it only to have it blow again. Is something shorted out? What should I look at and test?

I'm sure it just could be, like me, old age and parts give out :) But I would rather check it out before I have to spend another 20 bucks on a fuse.

Thanks for the advice you will give me!

You guys are great!

Mike

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Mike,

The thermal fuse wiring causes the thermal fuse to blow in most cases, you must install the new wiring that comes with the new thermal fuse, or it will keep blowing forever.

Its also best to order appliance parts through our site affiliates, when you order parts from AppliancePartsPros or RepairClinic, you have 365 days to return the part/parts for a full refund, less shipping, for any reason, even if you install the part/parts and it doesn't fix the problem.

W10258275 Thermal Fuse - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake

me_rubin

Premium Member
Part arrived tonight.
took 3 minutes to install it. another 10 to push back and re-attach to cabinet.

medium.jpg

Blue light says it all!

Thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job Mike.:)

Jake