• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDS25SHBT1 Kitchenaid Dishwasher Leaking Water Under Door

Model Number
KUDS25SHBT1
Brand
KitchenAid
We started getting a significant amount of water leaking from under the door. It happened over a very short period of time, not like something was slowly wearing out. I'm a dummy on this stuff and found some great advise on this blog. I looked over seals, etc. and found nothing that looked out of place. I also tried to look at the alignment of the door thinking my 10 y.o., sugar addict, grandson may have used the door as a ladder to get something out of an upper kitchen cabinet.

I noticed that the water seemed to spray in synch with the sound of the spray arm. I took the spray arm out twice and could not find any splits or other defects in it. When I took it out a third time I noticed a screw in the top housing of the pump had backed out a good 1/8".

I found all of the screws in the front of the pump housing loose. I tightened them down and magically the leak is gone. It looks like the water was spraying out of the pump and blowing past the baffles on the bottom of the door. When the spray arm was aligned with the door it blocked the water flow. I would guess this is very uncommon but I had it & I'm sure there are other people pulling their hair out over this one. Thanks again for a great blog.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its very uncommon for the upper sump screws to loosen like that, and that definitely would cause the water leak, good find.:)

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for KitchenAid KUDS25SHBT1 Dishwasher

Jake

mookpool

We had EXACTLY the same problem, and this fix worked PERFECTLY! Thank you so much.

At first I was convince that the problem in the door or door seal because the water dripped directly under the door. But a couple twists of the screwdriver saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks, again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job fixing yours too mookpool.:)

Jake

JeffEl

I CANNOT thank you enough for this fix!!!
I had tried everything I could think of (all the time staring at the top of the pump inside the dishwasher) and was about to call the repairman when I found this forum and thread. Worked like a charm!!

Thanks again. Maybe this problem isn't all that uncommon.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Jeff, glad it fixed yours too!

Jake

moviespdx

I'm having the same problem of water leaking out the bottom right side of dishwasher. I am not sure which screws might need tightening. Could someone post a picture? Thanks in advance.

Leah Robinson

Hi Jake,
I am having this problem now also. This dishwasher has been used a maximum of 10 times.
Now all of the sudden water is coming out from the bottom. In the diagram I don't see what screws are #3. Which letter diagram do I look at?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member