• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDS30FXBL1 Kitchenaid Dishwasher Multiple Error Codes

zonian

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS30FXBL1
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello all; trying to troubleshoot my dishwasher.

Sump is filled with water.
None of the "wash" cycles will start.
The "drain" selection does not start. (therefore the sump remains full, and the float switch is activated)

In the past, the reset sequence seems to have corrected any issues that I have had with this machine. However now, I get the following error codes (in order):

6-4 Float switch open
4-3 Circulation Pump
3-3 OWI
6-2 Water Inlet Valve

Does anyone have any direction for me on what the issue could be? If it was just one code, that would be easy I think, but maybe these multiple error codes are stacked and they point to something else entirely??

Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

Paul

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Paul, do all the buttons light up and respond when you press them?

If you press Cancel/Drain it does not drain? Do you hear any sound at all? Try to start a NORMAL cycle and see what it does with water in it now, then press Cancel/Drain and see if it drains.

Did the sump fill with water by-itself without the machine running at all?

Jake

zonian

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I think I figured it out looking at some other threads on this and other forums.

To answer your questions though:

do all the buttons light up and respond when you press them? yes
If you press Cancel/Drain it does not drain? correct
Do you hear any sound at all? No
Try to start a NORMAL cycle and see what it does with water in it now, then press Cancel/Drain and see if it drains. Nothing
Did the sump fill with water by-itself without the machine running at all? No, it stopped after the fill cycle

So I read many threads about the latch not closing properly; that's exactly what it was. Fixed by prying the latch down a little so that it better engages on the door.

Thank you,

Paul

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That makes sense Paul, good find.(y)

Here's the strike plate for your model where the door latch switch connects to when you close the door, in case others need to know as well:
WPW10300779 Plate-Latch Strike

Jake