• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDS30IVWH Not cleaning properly, top/bottom rack, sounds

Ginseng108

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS30IVWH
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi everyone,

I have a 7-year old KitchenAid KUDS30IVWH and about 2 months ago it started to not clean so well on the top rack. We'd get residue on the top and bottom of the bowls and mugs on the top rack and utensils were starting to not be perfectly clean. I took off the lower spray arm and the water feed tube for the upper arm and got to the chopper and filter. I cleaned out the chopper and opened up the filter assembly and cleaned it too.

Upon reinstall, the lower spray arm hub that the lower arm screws back onto chipped off part of one of the three vanes in the lower half of the part. This fragment fell into the center hole where the water comes up and I couldn't retrieve it. So, I think this might be the cause of the dishwasher's new symptoms: the top rack cleans okay but not like new. The spoons and forks in the utensil rack (not the culinary rack) are now dirty and streaky.

There is a fin at the back of the upper spray arm water manifold probe where it joins with the water feed tube, I'm not sure what the proper orientation should be and wonder if that could make a difference.

So my question is whether this means I need a new circulation pump, lower spray arm hub, or some other item.

Any help would be appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It can be the circulation pump has gotten weak over time or combination pump and spray arm support. At some point you'll reach the point of no return replacing parts and at seven years old it's probably a good idea to price new machines before deciding on whether or not to repair that one.
Lower Wash Arm Support WPW10077899
Lower-Wash-Arm-Support-WPW10077899-01292426.jpg

Ginseng108

Premium Member
Yes,
I was thinking the same thing. The lower spray arm hub is over $50 and the other parts I'd need for an overhaul aren't cheap.
Looks like mama's gonna get a new dishwasher.
Thanks!

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.