• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUDS30SXSS9 KitchenAid Dishwasher fills up starts cycle and stops going to cancel/drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlseitz

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS30SXSS9
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi I am new to this forum and I am having similar issues with KUDS30SXSS9 Dishwasher fills up starts cycle and stops going to cancel/drain. I have some of the codes 9:1, 10:2, 6:6. The dishwasher does drain so pump is good.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located a similar thread with this same problem:

I'd first check your sump basin and chopper screen for any foreign object that might be jamming up the chopper screen blade assembly from turning when the wash motor tries to run after it fills, also check the black flapper check valve in the video below as well.

Watch this video below first, Paul tells you what to check in the sump basin and chopper screen :

Check your chopper screen blade assembly to make sure its not broken also.

Here's the chopper screen assembly for your model:
Food Chopper Assembly W10083957V

Here's the video to check/change it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

dlseitz

Premium Member
Well, I found the chopper shaft was destroyed, the screen has a small piece missing which looked like one of the blades was responsible as one of the blades was damaged. I will order new parts. I have removed all the parts that were left in the pump that I could see which included a spring, a couple of metal washers, and a piece of a black washer.

I did try to run without the chopper and the machine starts to fill then immediately goes to cancel/drain. I also cleaned the flapper out. If i run a diagnostic run 123123123123 do I need to do anything to "reset" the machine to go back to normal operations after diagnostic mode?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
do I need to do anything to "reset" the machine to go back to normal operations after diagnostic mode?
No, nothing else that I'm aware of.

Jake

dlseitz

Premium Member
I ran the diagnostic again after installation of the new chopper. The clean light came on and did not blink. As it was going through the tests the control lock blinked and the clean light was on. The washer went through some cycling and then drained and shut off with the clean light on. Then I attempted to run a cycle. the washer went through the drain cycle and started to fill. When the washer started the wash cycle it shut off and went into drain cycle and shut off.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After it fills, do you hear the circulation(wash motor) come on and water splashing in the tub?

If not:
Unplug or remove power from the machine. Take the two wires off the motor capacitor and check for any corrosion. Clean the terminals and make sure the connections are tight. If you have a volt/ohm meter set it to RX100 and touch the capacitor terminals. Your meter should indicate several thousand ohms and then return to infinity.

Here's the wash motor capacitor for your model:
Capacitor WPW10334457

If the motor capacitor is good, check for 120 volts at the two blue wires that connect to the wash motor and see if you get 120 volts when it should be running, after it fills.

Here's the wash motor for your model:
WPW10757216 Motor-Pump

Jake

dlseitz

Premium Member
water does splash around in the tub. I did have a cycle go through to completion but then the very next same thing fills partially with water the shuts off and drains. I'll try the door latch and float next. I will also check the motor and capacitor as suggested and get back to you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I located another person with this same problem:

The control board fixed it, your model uses the exact same control board.

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board W10479761

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

dlseitz

Premium Member
I replaced the control board and I thought since I was in there I would also replace the latch. The control board was the culprit! Upon inspection I found a swollen capacitor, usually a sure sign of failure. Thanks for all your help! The dishwasher is running a cycle right now! I took about an hour to replace the two parts

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.