• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDS35FXBLA KitchenAid Dishwasher middle arm not rotating.

Tim C.

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS35FXBLA
Brand
KitchenAid
The middle spray arm does not seem to be spraying or moving during any cycle. Thus the dishes in the top rack not rinsed well. I have cleaned the sump and replaced the chopper. Also replaced the pump impeller. There are no blockages in the spray arms and the water level is good. I can heard the water sloshing about and the bottom always comes out clear. No error codes.

I am considering replacement of the water supply tube (WPW10077859) or the spray arm assembly. However the ones installed seem to be ok. I did purchase a new pump but I may send it back. The current one seems to be working.

Any and all help appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tim, Check the lower flapper in the water feed tube first, it should be completely closed.

Here's the water feed tube assembly for your model:
WPW10077859 Feed Tube Assembly

Look at post #3 here:

Jake

Tim C.

Premium Member
The upper flap is open and the lower appears closed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 69

Tim C.

Premium Member
Here is a better pic. It is used with the upper rack raised so the upper flap should be open.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 67

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Looks good.

If you cleaned out your sump basin and chopper screen, did you also check the black rubber check valve flapper? That should not be curved with you pull it out and should not be obstructed.

Watch this video below:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then if the water feed tube is not broken, cracked, or clogged then I doubt that will fix it.

Did you check the middle spray arm manifold tube to see if its broken, cracked, or clogged?

whirlpool-manifold-adjustable-i-wpw10323424-ap6019542_01_m.jpg

Other than that, the only part that can cause this problem is the wash motor itself, if the machine has plenty of water in it, normal water level would be about a few inches below the heating element.

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model:
WPW10757217 Circulation Motor

Jake