• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDS40CVBL3 KitchenAid Dishwasher goes into pause mode repeatedly while washing

bmb63

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS40CVBL3
Brand
KitchenAid
Had a tech come out because my dishwasher has been going into start/pause mode for sometime now, it usually will finish it's cycle, but has had me having to do that 2-3 times before it finishes. Tech said it needs a new control panel, he said,95% of the time that IS the problem. 273.00 for that fix. Which didn't resolve the problem.... It is doing the same thing only will not end up finishing...I hit cancel to drain and that's where I'm at now๐Ÿค”
Please help.

And by the way, the washer works great on all other fronts!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, its likely the main control board then.

Disconnect power to the dishwasher and remove the main control board and see if you notice any burnt spots on it.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
WPW10285179 Electronic Control Board

There is a video in the main control board part link that shows you how to remove it.

You can get $60 CASH BACK when you return your old one here: Main Control Board WPW10285179

Jake

bmb63

Premium Member
Hi Jake ๐Ÿ‘‹
Thanks for being so quick! That is what was replaced, and that didn't change it.
For the longest time I used to just open the door to add something while it was washing, then shut it quickly, maybe that messed it up??? The technician said the washer, thinks the door is not closed, which is why it goes into that mode(save a water overflow prob!)
So now there is a new control panel...We're getting down now to the process of elimination it seems like. But he doesn't know... said perhaps a new touch pad??? Does that make sense? Or am I just replacing parts and need a new one?

Robert4

Premium Member
If it is the touchpad, Whirlpool no longer makes that part :(

Wait for @Jake to tell you what he thinks the problem could be. If he says it's the touchpad and you cannot find one, I'll try to help you find a comparable replacement model.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Stop the presses!

The control panel is the buttons you press, the main control board is the brain that tells the machine what to do.

You posted you had already replaced the control panel, that's why I mentioned the control board.

That's what I was thinking, was it was rather odd for the tech. to say the control panel was the issue, because that's rarely the issue, the control board is 95% of the issue.:)

So now that makes me think your door latch is the problem, not keeping and making good contact.

Have you checked the door switch to make sure its good? And latch to make sure its not cracked?

Here's the door latch/door switch assembly for your model:
WPW10404412 Latch-Door

Jake

bmb63

Premium Member
Good morning Jake,
Ahhhh, yes! He replaced the control board, since you have clarified the difference, not the panel,ie; buttons! Lol
And no, he did not, or well he did not say he did, about checking the latch or switch.
I guess he didn't think that was it, in retrospect, because he did tell me that the problem was the dishwasher thinking the door is not closed as I said up top, but he didn't want to replace door' issue' parts๐Ÿค”
So....what exactly am I hunting for? AND can I deduce one or the other by...running it, maybe open and shut the door then hit the start/resume button like I used to do...before I didn't, anymore?๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž
Man, I really appreciate your help and knowledge about this! ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Attachments

• 20210610_082627.jpg
    20210610_082627.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210610_082614.jpg
    20210610_082614.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 26

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the door latch switch assembly looks worn out to me in that photo.

So when it does pause, open and close the door and see if it starts again.

Jake

bmb63

Premium Member
Jake,
Part purchased!

Thanks for you guidance, will be here by the 17th, so I won't forget ya ๐ŸŒž,I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks a pile!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.:)

Jake

bmb63

Premium Member
Thanks Robert!
I'll keep you guys posted, maybe it will get here sooner, I ordered from the link Jake posted.
๐ŸŒž

bmb63

Premium Member
Alright, so the part came today, my hubby went to change it out and the wires were reversed on the old one, tan on bottom, black and white on top...๐Ÿค” ours looks just like the video you sent Jake, (was that you in the video! Lol)
So he changed out the part anyway, and put the tan wire on top , b&w bottom...wondering why, it was reversed....running it now, will post at the aftermath!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The guy in the video his name is Matt, he works at Appliancepartspros.com

He's very good at helping folks fix their own appliances.:)

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

bmb63

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
Well same thing is happening I'm on my 3rd time right now having hit the start/resume button...I can't get it to finish, it never makes it to drying mode.
Ugh.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, that should of fixed it.

At this point its best to contact KitchenAid at 1-800-422-1230 to come out and see what's going on.

Jake

bmb63

Premium Member
Hey good morning you helpers๐Ÿ˜Š
So just wondering, would it be possible for the latch trouble to be at the other end?is the part the the latch on the door, closes up to supposed to move? Because it does...๐Ÿค”

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, yes the door strike, I forgot all about that, because its so rare for that to go bad. It should NOT be loose. So that's probably the culprit.

But I have bad news, its not longer available:
WPW10317686 Strike

Try ebay for one.

Jake