• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUDS40CVSS0 Some buttons stopped working. Will not start /run. Kitchenaid architect dishwasher

kstan

Premium Member
Model Number
KUDS40CVSS0
Brand
KitchenAid
My dishwasher stopped working yesterday and now only some of the buttons on the front will light up when pressed. One of the buttons that is not working is the `start/resume" (other buttons that do not work: "rinse only", "Proscrub", "4 hour delay"). The buttons that at least light up are "heavy Duty" "normal wash", "Light/china", "sani rinse", "high temp scrub", heat dry" and "lock". The "cancel button also does not seem to be working since it does not cancel the current selection when it is pressed. No other lights (ie clean, washing, etc.) are/ will light up either. I have tried turning the breaker off for 10 minutes to see if it will reset itself...but no luck.

Is there a diagnostics mode that i can try to isolate the problem?
Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

kstan

Premium Member
Sorry the model number is: (not sure how to edit the original post to correct the number)
KUDS40CVSS0
I didn`t add the 0 at the end because i thought it was like a colour type code. My mistake. I'm a noob so thanks for taking the time to help point me in the right direction.

I think i might have fixed the problem.
I found a tip on how to `reset` another model of kitchenaid dishwasher by pressing `heat dry`then `normal`then `heat dry`then `normal`. So i tried that and all the lights lit up on the machine. Then it started and ran for about 20 minutes in the `normal`cycle and stopped. I figure that was a test run or something since it was so short. I restarted it for a `light/ china`cycle and it ran flawlessly.

Still not sure what happened to cause this problem in the first place though. If someone knows let me know so i can avoid this same situation in the future.

Last edited:

jeff1

Staff member
That is how to enter a test mode.
Hope it stays working for a while for you :)
If not, the key panel will likely need to be replaced for your issue...that is a common problem :(

Yours is likely the grey/silver one?...

No pic.
Console Manufacturer Number W10084125

jeff.

kstan

Premium Member
well.... when i tried to run the next load through the dishwasher it did the same thing (only some buttons working). I pushed the heat & normal buttons and it is currently going through the 'test mode' cycle. I guess it is not fixed yet....

Jeff,
i noticed you are from Ontario. Is the link that you provided from a company in the usa? Is that who you would recommend for parts or do you recommend another supplier? I assume that it would not be too difficult for me to change out the part you mentioned ( i am handy but i do not have much experience with appliances specifically)

jeff1

Staff member
i noticed you are from Ontario

Yes.

Is the link that you provided from a company in the usa?

Yes, and they ship to Canada.

Is that who you would recommend for parts

Yes, great service and competative pricing.

I assume that it would not be too difficult for me to change out the part you mentioned

With the power off, fairly easy....with the power on, not so much ;)

jeff.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.