• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUIA18NNJS11 Under Counter Ice Maker - Issue with Recirculation Pump HELP!

tdshort

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIA18NNJS11
Brand
KitchenAid
I am usually able to repair this machine but this time I am stumped. When I turn the machine on it always performs the flush cycle as it should but, after the 2nd fill when the freeze mode begins, the recirculation pump runs for about 30 seconds and then shuts down. The condenser fan continues to run and the evaporator plate still continues to freeze, just no water pumping.

I am checking the voltage at the pump plug on the bracket in the interior of the machine and the voltage is dropping from 14v to around 10v-11v shortly after it initializes the recirculation pump. I am assuming this drop in voltage is what is causing the pump to stop if it truly needs at least 12v to operate.

If this drop in voltage is not normal would the issue most likely be the transformer, board, or harness? or is the drop in voltage normal?

Thanks for the help!
Terry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a good question Terry. Check the voltage directly from the control board and the transformer for 12 volts DC. I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below that shows you the wire schematic wire colors to do that test.

Here's the recirculation pump for your model: Pump-Recirculating W11566405

Here's the control board for your model:
Main Control Board WPW10141364

Here's the transformer for your model:
Transformr WP2310139

Jake

Attachments

• wiringsheet-2324311-revf.pdf
    797.6 KB · Views: 27

tdshort

Premium Member
Follow-up. It ended up being the control board. Was not sure how to isolate whether it was the control board or transformer but since all of the other leads on the transformer tested at full voltage I decided to try the board. When I tested the blue lead from the board and red/blk from the transformer I was getting fluctuating voltage between 9.5v to 14v so figured it was a board issue. FIXED!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Terry, glad to hear the new control board fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.