• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KUIC15PHZS0 Plug in, makes two dumps, then no water fill. I have a KitchenAid under-counter ice maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrmartin

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIC15PHZS0
Brand
KitchenAid
When first plugged in it makes two batches. After that no water fill-up. The cold plate frosts up as no water is being circulated. I believe the system thinks there if water as the compressor continues to keep cold plate frosted. If I pour water into the reservoir it will make another batch. After that batch, I still have to add water for each additional batch. If, after the first two successful batches, I unplug and plug-in the power cord, It will again make two batches on its own.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Stand-Alone Ice Makers is a product I have very little knowledge in, but I did locate the service manual for yours: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xNHBn7reCwai4WUu0HiwDXh1jkDA5bq9

Page 6-3 starts the Troubleshooting section.

Here's the parts diagram for your model: KitchenAid Ice Maker KUIC15PHZS0 Repair Parts

@wobiii is very good at working on them. Lots of times he mentions to check for corroded wire connections, I'd check that first at the water level sensor.

Here's the water level sensor for this model:
WPW10485962

Let us know what you find.

Jake

xrmartin

Premium Member
Ordered the water level sensor. Did not install. I took apart and cleaned all connections and leveled the ice maker. Working great now. I guess I'll just save the sensor for a spare.

Thanks for the advice, Bob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Bob.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

xrmartin

Premium Member
Well, after almost two days of working properly, it started acting up again. I went ahead and replaced the water level sensor and now it's making ice like crazy. It's been working perfectly now for over 10 days.

Again, Jake, thanks for the advice, Bob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Bob, sounds like your back in business for good now.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.