• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUIC15PRXS2 KitchenAid Stand Alone Ice Maker tripping the circuit breaker

la1401

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIC15PRXS2
Brand
KitchenAid
My Kitchen Aid stand alone ice maker model KUIC15PRXS2 is tripping the circuit breaker. I cleaned up some of the cord connections ( clipped wire ends and put wire nut on new clean wire) and it worked overnight, but then started tripping the breaker again. I watched it try and cycle a couple of times and it appears to arch from the back lower area when the breaker trips. I cannot find any deteriorated wires that might be causing a ground fault. Anyone know what I might look at, I.e. common things that might cause this.

la1401

Premium Member
Would rust in the wire nuts cause this??? Watched it arch again and it appeared to be coming from near where the start relay and overload combo plugs into the compressor! The red "hot" wire had a wire nut on it and it was very rusted. Im going to clip the wires and put a new wire nut.

la1401

Premium Member
Clipped the hot and it still arched. Found some white wires that had rust also and clipped them back also. I think water had leaked into the wires down there and it was causing the problem. Once I got them all cleaned up it appears to have solved my problem. Did a half ass job to begin with and this time I cleaned up every connection down there. By clean up I mean that I clipped each wire back enough where they was no discoloring in the copper once I stripped the wires to connect them back together to their respective mates!!!