KUIC18NNTS0 Not making ice after running a cleaning cycle

tt1879

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIC18NNTS0
Brand
Whirlpool
Ice machine has worked flawlessly for years. The cleaning light came on and when it turned red, I ran a cleaner through it. It would not start back to making ice, so I ran another cleaner through it, and still no ice, it circulates water and then no ice. Is there a diagnostic test I can run before I start changing out parts? Thank you so much in advance. Todd

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

tt1879

Premium Member
Thank Jake, I read through that thread, several times. It sounds just like what mine was doing, but I am unsure where the wire is that fixed the problem. There should be a technical diagnostic manual to run test on each component. Other than to start replacing parts, or take it in, I would like to try to fix it myself first. Waiting on wobiii, This is an excellent forum that I stumbled onto yesterday.
Todd

wobiii

Appliance Tech
The diag on these is pretty lame. I've found the best way to diagnose these is to turn them on and watch them. It will run about a 10 minute rinse cycle before it goes into production mode. If you want to use the diagnostics check the bottom behind the grate for a tech sheet. It will tell you what you can do.

Questions for you are
Does the compressor run and the evaporator get cold?
Is the water dumping just as it starts circulating?
Is it filling all the way?
How long does it run a cycle?
Is the evap thermistor plugged in (The two wire plug in the back right), if it is unplug it and see if it makes a difference.

tt1879

Premium Member
The compressor runs, and the plate gets cold.
It is not putting any water into the reservoir.
It runs a cycle just as it has always done, just no ice (no water).

Judy Holzmann

Premium Member
Won't make Ice - just cleaned

Ice machine has worked flawlessly for years. The cleaning light came on and when it turned red, I ran a cleaner through it. It would not start back to making ice, so I ran another cleaner through it, and still no ice, it circulates water and then no ice. Is there a diagnostic test I can run before I start changing out parts? Thank you so much in advance. Todd

Above is from an earlier post, but I have the same issue. Being a good appliance owner, light came one so I cleaned it and changed the filter. It WAS working great, now the water reservoir fills but nothing else happens. HELP - I've grown extremely attached to my ice!

My model is kitchenaid KUIC15NHZS0