KUIC18NNZS0 Kitchenaid Ice Maker Issues

kamacdaddy

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIC18NNZS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi,

I've got this ice maker, and there are two issues. Firstly, when it was making an abundance of ice, it would just keep making it and not stop when the bin was full. I suspect there is a sensor or something that has failed or that got knocked out of the way. Now the current issue. It seems to be not getting enough water in the reservoir. It makes ice fine, but it sounds like it is getting more air than water at times. If I pour water directly into the reservoir, it draws the water and quiets for a while, makes ice and then starts struggling again. I just replaced the water filter to rule out a clogged filter as an issue. Any thoughts?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Have you tried running the clean cycle? Are there any mineral deposits anywhere?

kamacdaddy

Premium Member
Did some thorough cleaning over the weekend and the issue persists. I did three or four cycles with white vinegar, than a few with distilled water, and then a few with the whirlpool cleaner solution. It looks like a simple appliance, but its a cramped spot in that box.

Last edited:

kamacdaddy

Premium Member
I took out the water inlet valve and tested for continuity, and it was fine. I checked water pressure going into valve and it was fine. I reinstalled and attached water in hose, and left out unconnected. I started machine and water trickled out of the valve. So, I suspect the issue is the valve. Is there a way to service these? Inspect and clean? It looks like one solid piece. W10217918

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member