KUIP15PRXX 4 year old KitchenAid ice maker not draining

Michelle Galvin Bendetti

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIP15PRXX
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a four year old kichenaid under counter ice maker. It recently stopped draining water out of the ice receptacle. If I turn the power strip off and on where the ice maker and drain plugs are plugged in, the pump will immediately start draining and then will stop again. Do I need a new drain pump?

wobiii

Appliance Tech
KUIP15PRXX

Hope not, those pumps can get expensive. It sounds similar to the other problem. If it has water in the pump, the pump should be running until all the water is drained. Pour a pitcher of water in it while it's plugged in and see what happens. It should drain out at a steady rate if everything is working right. If the pump kicks on, then off and then takes a while to come back on and repeats until the water is out you could have a clogged drain line.

neilwest

Premium Member
I have a four year old kichenaid under counter ice maker. It recently stopped draining water out of the ice receptacle. If I turn the power strip off and on where the ice maker and drain plugs are plugged in, the pump will immediately start draining and then will stop again. Do I need a new drain pump?
Was there a resolution to this and if so, what was it? I am having a very similar problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil