KUIX305ESS1 Stopped Making Ice after a power loss

slvrscreen22

Model Number
KUIX305ESS1
Brand
KitchenAid
i've had this ice maker for just over a year and it was working great until a recent power loss. My whole block lost power for about 5 hours and when it came on the machine never produced ice again. Water runs over the freeze plate but it never cools enough to freeze. I've unplugged it for about 10 minutes a few times. Run it through a cleaning cycle and run the diagnostics. The only failure is the cooling test. I get a full frost pattern but the indicator never blinks to signify the temp is met. The plate freezes and after about 15 minutes the machine shuts off. I've done that twice. I see a lot of folks replacing parts with trial and error but I'd rather ask the experts and get it right the first time. What should I check next or replace first? Thanks

rst777

Premium Member
Did you ever find out the solution to this problem? I have the exact same issue, no ice or cooling after power loss. Feels like warm air inside of mine. Water flows but not even close to freezing.

Also, How do i put this into service mode? I actually have the KUIX505ESS1 but it's prob the same.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated. It kind of stinks to pay almost $2k for an icemaker and this is the 2nd problem i've had with it in that last 1.5 years.