• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUIX335HPS00 KitchenAid Undercounter Ice Maker - No Ice

zorro1997

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIX335HPS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi guys,

I've read through all the threads on this topic and learned a lot but have not been able to narrow down our problem. We stopped getting ice, so I ran the manual diagnostic program. Everything passes, with one exception. On Step 6, the test of the recirculation pump, I think it is supposed to start pumping water up through the distribution manifold and over the cold plate. This does not happen (although all three lights do come on as specified in the tech manual). I continue through the rest of the diagnostic steps and each one passes.

This has me thinking we have a problem with either the motherboard or the recirculation pump. I took out the pump and tested the resistance between white and black - I got around 5 ohms which is reasonably close to what the tech manual specifies. I didn't have a way to produce 12 VAC to test the pump itself. I tried to check the voltage on those pins in the wiring harness to make sure the pump is getting power, but since the harness has more wires (5 total) I think it must have the water level sensor built in? If this is the case, I couldn't figure out a way to trick the motherboard into sending power to the pump while keeping the harness unplugged so I can check the voltage.

Apparently the recirculation pump must be a high-failure-rate item, because I cannot find a single one online (new or used) that isn't on backorder. I'm surprised since this machine is less than two years old.

Does anyone have advice on getting this fixed?
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 4.13.21 PM.png

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's our main thread on this problem:

On the main control board at connector P3 Pin 6 is the BLUE wire that goes to the circulation pump, then the RED/BLACK wire from the circulation pump goes to the transformer, just check for 12 volts AC between those two wires in STEP 6.

I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

Attachments

• W10761657-reva (1).pdf
    956.2 KB · Views: 11

zorro1997

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake! I don't know why I didn't think to check the voltage at the other end of the wire, as you're suggesting here. I'll do that and report back.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes let us know what you find.

Jake

zorro1997

Premium Member
I was out of town for a few days, but had a chance to get back in there today. I tried the steps you suggested, and here's what I found. When the ice maker is powered on, or when it's running the diagnostics (including Step 6), I found 0V between the Blue wire and the Red/Black wire. However, I did find 13V between the Blue wire and the other red wire coming from the transformer (which looks like it goes to the gray wire on P3). I'm not sure if that matters, but neither of the numbers seem to change when diagnostics are running.

What would you suggest next? Does that mean it needs a new control board since it doesn't seem to be sending voltage to the pump?

Thank you!
Schematic.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member