KUIX505ESS1 KitchenAid Ice Machine runs but NO Ice

D40

Premium Member
Model Number
KUIX505ESS1
Brand
KitchenAid
Ran through the diagnostics routine this morning and it appears the evaporator thermister is way out of range. It tests OK for open or short but in the cooling cycle test the MAX light is supposed to blink when the evap gets below 4.5 degrees. It got to below -10 and never blinked. In the hot gas test the Max light is supposed to blink when the evap temp is above 12 degrees. It got all the way up to 70 before blinking.
So the big question is where do I find the evap thermister and where can I buy one? It's not listed as a part in the factory parts list. :wall:
Thanks

D40

Premium Member
You are not having any better luck than I am. Check out the service data provided by KitchenAid, it shows three. But oddly enough, I do not see a part number for the bin thermistor, which is the only one I can find for sale online. For what are considered top of the line appliances you would think KitchenAid could do better.

KUIX505ESS1.jpg

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is odd, I'm puzzled by that too.

Best thing to do is take that tech. data sheet and your model number to your local appliance parts store in your area and see what they say as well, maybe we are missing something.

Jake