• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KUWA244PBS0 Kitchenaid wine cooler - potentially a stupid question on thermostats

gummy jones

Premium Member
Model Number
KUWA244PBS0
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a kitchenaid wine cooler that has been referenced in other threads multiple times. i have used your forum to discover the thermostat is the problem.

However, it seems it has already been replaced once with a danfoss 2767-wc instead of the WP4344659 OEM part. the danfoss part is very much cheaper. are these thermostats for lower end wine chillers mostly interchangeable? is there an easy way to search for compatible thermostats?

thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is a good question, but I know know the answer.

Hopefully another tech. or member can shed some light on this for us.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You may want to message @Dan O. and refer him to your thread here, he may know.

Hover your mouse cursor over his name and click Start Conversion

Jake

gummy jones

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Maybe I'll just buy the intended part. I was surprised to find the other thermostat but im not the original owner

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
gummy jones said:
are these thermostats for lower end wine chillers mostly interchangeable?

I doubt it. Their specifications would depend on the exact design of the product involved. I do not know (and very much doubt) they're 'all the same' either in temperature specifications or physical size or mounting requirements.

JMO

Dan O.

gummy jones

Premium Member
as an update, the oem part was shipped and was the same danfoss 2767-wc part that i had listed above. i talked to the previous owner and he said his buddy at an appliance repair store sold it to him for under $40. did the company i bought it from send me a knock off piece or just have an outrageous markup?